You may have wondered what it is like to be on a tiny ship. I use the word lonely because they are not small, certainly not boats. The Xpedition is like being on a large private match that you might have hired for a party if you were in wealthy. The Darwins restaurant is like going to an on land restaurant, it is not a huge dining hall. It is likely you will get to know the staff and all on board. The Beagle Grill offers the informal choice. The ship is just a mini version of a cruise ship but built to go places they cannot, which is why it takes smaller groups on adventures of a life time and specialises in the Galapagos. The Xpedition was previously known as the Sun Bay, it has 6 decks and only holds 96 passengers. You will feel very special. It is just under 300 feet long and travels at 17 knots which probably seems very fast. Another fine video from Mogens Hallas. Quite a contrast to the largest ship afloat.
Although the ship’s shallow draft allows it to access ports in the region that larger cruise ships cannot visit, you will have some rubber dingy landings if you choose to adventure. See some other films on the Galapagos here on Doris Visits before making your final choice. Then here is what to pack for this very unusual adventure.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Fjords Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
CRUISE FLEETS CRUISE DEALS CRUISE GREECE MED CRUIS
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – View your P&O cruise – Click here
- Fred Olsen – View your Fred Olsen cruise – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – View, check availability and book – Click here
- MARELLA Cruises £50 off as associates we normally have a code to give you at least £50 off – to see if we have currently have that or a better offer – Click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts! Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1; Canary Islands cruise, Book 2; the Baltic, Book 3; the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here inc Adonia now called the Pursuit – and the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here