Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands and it has an active volcano, Mount Teide, which often rumbles and has a dramatic moonscape landscape now a National Park. Although the playground for the Ventura for most of the winter we went there with the Azura. Other landscapes here are the verdant valleys and lush plantations and vast pinewoods to the glorious beaches. There is a lot to see, many excursions on hand, but Tenerife has a great bus service throughout the island which I tested. We have a film on La Laguna and one on Puerto de La Cruz as well as films on every cruise stop on a Canary Cruise.click here for the New Canary Island cruise menu including West Africa & Cape VerdeAlso take a look at all the tours below to research what the island has to offer. Tenerife’s cruise port Santa Cruz de Tenerife has grown from a fishing village to the capital city with 300,000 inhabitants. It is a welcoming city with classy bars and restaurants, shops, and interesting museums. It is easy to walk into the city, follow the blue line, cross the road, round the lake and the tourist office is hidden under an eco garden. The city begins right outside the port gates. If you chose to stay in the city you will find a café-lined boulevard leading to the Plaza de Espana, at the heart of the port’s main shopping area. If you prefer museums and galleries, try the Museo de Bellas Artes, which contains works by Bruegel. The Museo de la Naturaleza y El Hombre shows topography, flora and fauna.
If you were in Tenerife with us please share your comments and photos on the chat site, good content on the chat site we can pull into the site here as a helpful blog for others.
Tours available from your ship will probably include BOOK A SHIP ARRANGED CRUISE HERE – GO TO YOUR PERSONAL P&O CRUISE PLANNER HERE
- Northern Panorama
- Loro Parque
- Gardens of the Valley
- Puerto de La Cruz and Orotava Valley
- Mamas and Tapas
- Mount Teide National Park
- Mount Teide Cable Car
- Playa de las Americas on your own
- Puerto de la Cruz on your own
click here for the New Canary Island cruise menu including West Africa & Cape VerdeClicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- P&O Cruises to Tenerife click here.
- Fred Olsen Cruises to Tenerife Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Canary Islands Cruises
- Violet Beckett takes her first cruise, a Canary Islands Cruise which is very accurately portrayed. She is a tormented lady who for years was agoraphobic may just be swapping one safe haven for another, or is she about to come out of herself and find love. Maybe that is too much to ask for, maybe she is too keen and it will all end in tears. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.