Though it is said to be famous for 3 things, Abba, Ikea and Nobel, the Changing of the Guard to the music of a Swedish Armed Forces marching band at the palace is a spectacle. It is easy to find as it is inside the main palace can be combined with a leisurely walk round the 13th century Old Town but get there early to have a good spot. It starts at 12.15 and lasts about 40 minutes. On Sundays it starts at 1.15. Note the times and plan around them if you wish to see more of the fourteen islands and 50 bridges that make up Stockholm. The Royal Guards march from the Obelisk, on Slottsbacken to the south side of the Royal Palace ready to start. You are not allowed to climb the building to try and get a better view. Here is the film of the changing of the guard, between the three films and the various guides we hope you can plan your stay. Please share our films.CLICK HERE for our new BALTIC CRUISE destinations menu – All parts and tours together, then a choice of every Baltic port in its own menu. CLICK HERE
To see this planning your movement is key. The Abba Museum is on another island with the Tivoli amusement park. If you are off the ship early you could take the ferry and go there first, or rush there after the guard. But then you have to fit in the Old Town. Our advice is to always do the things furthest away from the ship first and end up close to home. The ship waits for no man or woman. Tips…
- STOCKHOLM is a full day, start early plan you route to hit times if you want to see the Changing of the guard.
- Abba Museum first by ferry from the shuttle coach drop off.
- Back for the midday Changing Of The Guards, then the Old Town.
- Walking Shoes. (see our film on what to take on the Baltic)
- Please share your pictures with us and share these films with other cruisers.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Baltic Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
See an over view of a complete Baltic Cruise route here, and go direct to the operator’s sites via their cards on this site or links below. Direct via these links will give you the latest best deal and availability. Here we have all the Baltic destinations and many of the tours, some it is way cheaper to book on line below before you travel.
- Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- P&O Cruises to Stockholm – Click here
- Fred Olsen Cruises to Stockholm – Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Baltic Cruises
- Disaster in the Baltic ! The book series has been in the charts for months. Book 2 all happens in a Baltic Cruise ! Adult action romance on a cruise.
Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
We have way over twenty films on Baltic Destinations and tours so you can see what you are getting and plan ahead. We can recommend the Abba Museum in Stockholm, we loved Tallinn, it is our favourite cruise route. ‘‘Bruges Canal Boat’ tour is probably the best deal on the route. We show you various tours St Petersburg including ‘on your own with Audio guide‘ and ‘Ballet Evening‘. Then there is our ‘‘chocolate and happiness’ film from Bruges. You can get to Southampton Cruise Terminal by coach so, so cheaply and with no strain, have you ever considered it? If you have never cruised, and we are mainly a cruise site, then click here to see how to look at what cruising is.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and like our Facebook Page and share with fellow cruisers. We are at sea every month of the year somewhere and post new films of cruise destinations each week.
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
If you book the Abba Museum before you go, you can get it much cheaper here.CLICK HERE for our new BALTIC CRUISE destinations menu – All parts and tours together, then a choice of every Baltic port in its own menu. CLICK HERECHAT GROUP – Cruise the Baltic Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT