St Kitts is one of the most popular Caribbean islands to draw people seeking the sun. St Kitts is open! Yey! We have just returned on Azura A732. If you want a guided tour, as you walk into the port area which is buzzing, there is a lady named Beulah who normally carries a Trip Advisor flag. We are told her tour is great value at $15. Below is our walk through the town, when Jean very nearly got in trouble!
Islands near St Kitts were hit hard Irma in 2017, but St Kitts is fine. Friendly and smiling people welcomed us and we have made a great film taking you from the top of the church tower, quite an effort to climb that! Look before you try! – to Independence Square.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Caribbean Chat – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
St Kitts is almost unspoilt by modernisation and commercialism, and the town and the people are friendly – the local taxis are easy as you will see from our film of the Brimstone Hill Fortress. A couple of its neighbours have been spoilt by nature. We had a great time there. St Kitts sits almost between Guadeloupe and Antigua. Our advice is to trust your cruise operator, they will know when the island wants you back. Be in good spirits and support; buy a beer and take a tour if these are on offer, the island will need the trade more than ever and your support to rebuild. We will report on our return mid November.
St Kitts can be a possible tender port but the Azura docked very easily. It is a beautiful town full of history and original Georgian architecture. St. Kitts capital, Basseterre, has some of the oldest buildings in the Caribbean established by France in the 17th century. You could relax on the beach, but you might tour Brimstone Hill Fortress – there are three ways. Ship tour which is easy and will show you other things, a taxi which will probably work out more expensive, or the local bus which leaves you to climb the steep hill. Another tour, we will cover in the future is St. Kitts Scenic Railway – said to be one of the most attractive train journeys in the world. You have to have a scheduled time, so it is a tour, and everyone we met who did this tour raved about it. There is also the treasury Building on the waterfront and the green and bronze Berkeley Memorial Clock, a four face cast iron tower that sits in the middle of the ‘circus’, an original 19th century roundabout. St George’s, an Anglican church originally built by the French, has been destroyed by fires and natural disasters several times. It was rebuilt to its present form in 1869 and is well worth a visit.
The Caribbean is often a first choice for new cruises, so you have come to the right place to look around. Want a quick read on choosing a ship – how to choose a cruise blog. Why not have a look at the LATE DEALS over a coffee. Doris Visits allows you to SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT
- P&O Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal.
- Thomson Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for a genuine late deal.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
CANARY ISLAND CRUISES CRUISE INSURANCE NEW ENGLAND CRUISES CARIBBEAN CRUISE EAST COAST USA CRUISE FJORDS CRUISE MED CRUISE MOVIES MADE AT CRUISE DESTINATIONS CRUISE GREECEClick here for the special CARIBBEAN SEASON destination menu. Each major Island and Caribbean Season Destination has a guide or film about the tours here !
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to St Kitts direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to St Kitts with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise InsuranceMarella Cruises to the Caribbean – click here to view Marella Cruise’s own web site page for – Caribbean Cruise deals pageREAD THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. ROMANTIC CRUISE BOOKS
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here