Sotogrande and Torreguadiaro are the ‘Beverly Hills’ of the Costa del Sol – Such a statement is likely to fire a debate, but Sotogrande was owned by the rich sherry producers and they used it to farm cork for the bottles. The beautiful land was used to ride their horses through and it was not long before riding, polo and holiday homes lead the way to what is now a world centre for polo and yachts. It is actually near Gibraltar, but you can drive down from Malaga.
Polo is not a cheap game to play, you need a great horse, spare horses, grooms, trucks, then you eat well and drink the finest wines while you watch great flamenco. Teams come from all over the world, the Middle East and Argentina. The food is rich and meaty.
Also the home of the Valderrama Golf Course which has hosted the Ryder Cup and the Volvo Masters. As we said, it is a very nice place where you and friends might just hire a villa (see the end of our film). Doris takes us to a trendy beach bar, Chambao, and to La Cabana restaurant (see second film below) as you start to get to know Sotogrande.
Golf Courses near to Sotogrande include; Real Club Valderrama, Real Club de Golf
CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to MALAGA click here.
- P&O Cruises on MALAGA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Malaga Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS