OK, so Christmas tradition is a sleigh ride, reindeer, Father Christmas in a red hat, and curved wrought iron hand rails on the sleigh. But in Madeira it is all year round, except they are dressed in white like Gondoliers in white suits and straw hats. Not many cruisers will hit the snow, but they will get the traditional toboggan ride. If it is Christmas take your own Santa hat. The toboggan ride is great fun and one of the things Funchal is famous for. We thought we would show you the run in full although it is shown briefly in the main film. If you want to know what the toboggan run is like the full four minutes is covered.
The cable car will take you up, a long walk down or a bus or a taxi will probably want to take you back up. If they do you can see the Monte Palace Tropical Gardens if you missed them. The sled was probably just invented as a quick way down, maybe to carry produce to the markets below. We love Madeira, we love the Canary Islands Cruise. It feels so easy. The Canary Island Cruise is one of the most popular on the Britannia click the picture to chat on Britannia.
PORT GUIDES – SEE OUR LIST OF EVERY PORT IN THE WORLD and be INSPIRED – PORT & DESTINATION GUIDES MENU AT DORIS VISITS – click SHIPS & CHAT – Research other ships – passenger area tours, info & chat sites – Our Ships menu has every ship from every fleet – Find your ship’s chat site + share your pictures + experiences to help others – click
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.click here for the New Canary Island cruise menu including West Africa & Cape Verde
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- P&O Cruises to MADEIRA click here.
- Fred Olsen Cruises to MADEIRA Click here
- Marella MADEIRA Cruises – click here
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP NOVEL ON A CANARY CRUISE – Violet Beckett takes her first cruise, a Canary Islands Cruise which is very accurately portrayed. She is a tormented lady who for years was agoraphobic may just be swapping one safe haven for another, or is she about to come out of herself and find love. Maybe that is too much to ask for, maybe she is too keen and it will all end in tears. Adult Romance on a cruise. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow.
- MADEIRA TOURS – PRIVATE – P&O – MARELLA – all here
If you came here because of its Christmas title, don’t be disappointed. Our Christmas joy also includes the Kew Gardens Light show, Bath Christmas Market and Christmas Markets at the Southbank and Bankside as well as the lights in Oxford & Regent Street and Liberty’s windows.