Under construction at Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, cruises are already on sale for the SKY PRINCESS debuting in the Mediterranean in 2019. The new Royal Class ship to the fleet is the sister ship to the Regal Princess®, Royal Princess® and Majestic Princess® but has added new features over its 19 decks with 16 bars and restaurants. It features a relaxing Sanctuary, an expansive three-deck Atrium and will feature their newest dining venues and updated décor and design throughout the ship. It will hold 3,560 passengers, about the same as the Britannia. All that is released so far is a artists image here on their video.
It is expected to include the Anytime Dining option which they claim is a Princess original. It allows you the freedom to eat with whomever you wish, and whenever you like – just as you would at a fine restaurant, between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. This is an extended version of Free Dining now used on Carnival’s P&O brand which more of you may be familiar with. You can have a table for two one evening and join a group for a festive meal the next. The choice is yours, you do not have to stay fixed from cruise day 1. There is a familiarity to Princess ships but our cruisers tell us they like that there is a little more and they are a little livelier than the Carnival’s P&O brand. It is a style choice, but the SKY PRINCESS will be their flagship and offer more. Most Sky Princess staterooms are 220-sq.foot balcony rooms. There are a total of 1539 staterooms in 38 different categories. Balcony Suites are the largest accommodation at 440 square feet.
Also located in the Piazza there is the round the clock International Café, and there is a pizza restaurant, Alfredo’s named after their Master Chef Alfredo Marzi. These are gourmet pizzas you can watch being prepared in the open kitchen from the dining bar. Then set in corner of the Atrium, just as P&O have the The Glass House, there is the Princess wine bar; Vines. It was voted one of the “Best Wine Bars at Sea,” by USA TODAY. What you won’t have seen will be the Pastry Shop at Horizon Court, with an incredible assortment of fresh pies and cakes to decadent pastries and more.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant)
- Symphony Restaurant ( “Anytime Dining” for Dinner)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (the largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Concerto Restaurant (forward. “Anytime Dining”)
- Allegro Restaurant (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m.; “Chef’s Table Lumiere” private dining for $115, 12 guests)
- Ocean Terrace (seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (steakhouse/seafood restaurant; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Salty Dog Grill & Alfredo’s Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Calypso Cabana (food bar offering picnic baskets, desserts, champagne and wine packages)
- World Fresh Marketplace (self-service buffet, complimentary); Horizon Buffet (indoor) and Horizon Terrace (outdoor)
- Swirls Bar (ice-cream). Click here for all dining options
The ship will have a homeport of Fort Lauderdale, but will debut in the Mediterranean in October 2019 with 10 cruise departures on eight itineraries that will also include the Adriatic famous for it’s Game Of Thrones attraction, Dubrovnik.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
|20 Oct||Departing from Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|22 Oct 07:00 – 17:00||Kotor, Montenegro|
|23 Oct 08:00 – 17:00||Corfu Island, Greece|
|24 Oct 09:00 – 18:00||Messina, Taormina, Sicily, Italy|
|25 Oct 07:00 – 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|27 Oct||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
|17 Nov||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|18 Nov 07:00 – 15:00||Valencia, Spain|
|19 Nov 10:00 – 20:00||Malaga, Spain|
|20 Nov 08:00 – 18:00||Cadiz, Spain|
|21 Nov 09:00 – 18:00||Lisbon, Portugal|
|23 Nov 08:00 – 17:00||Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal|
|01 Dec||Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida|
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed