Based in Southampton, with sailings from Southampton, the Sapphire Princess carries 2,670 guests and was refurbished in Feb 2012. She is the twin sister of the Diamond Princess with whom she swapped names during construction in Japan due to delays, proving not all Grand Class ships were built in Italy. Grand class ships include Azura, Ventura, Crown, Diamond, Caribbean, Grand, Emerald, Ruby, Golden and Sapphire. The Sapphire Princess has had a world adventure of routes, sailing from China year-round recently, she does come home and does offer sailings from Southampton. If you like a medium size ship, and would fancy a smaller version of the Azura, but still having all the features of the larger versions of this ship like poolside Movies Under the Stars, “Piazza-style” atriums and adult-only Sanctuary deck areas, then this is it. It also has new countertops on the bars, new tiling, new teak decking around the major swimming pool, furniture in the casino, an upgraded buffet and a new top-deck “lawn court” (artificial grass) for putting, bocce and croquet. Look at details on the Sapphire Princess – click here
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
- Caribbean Princess – (Sister to Azura)
- Coral Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Crown Princess – (sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Diamond Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Emerald Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Golden Princess – (sister to Azura, West Coast USA & Pacific)
- Grand Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Island Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Majestic Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Pacific Princess – (sister ship Adonia)
- Regal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Royal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Ruby Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sapphire Princess – (Southampton based sister to Azura)
- Sea Princess – (sister to Oceana)
- Sky Princess– Just Announced
- Star Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sun Princess – (sister to Oceana)