Saga Cruises’ first new boutique small ship, Spirit of Discovery has this week put cruises on general sale to the public a week after announcing a second new cruise ship, the Spirit of Adventure and Cunard announcing a new ship too. The business has gone astronomical!
The period of “Advance Registration” for the Discovery has probably ended because they now need to start an advanced registration for the Adventure. Which ever way, the doors are open and the cruises are being listed, as Saga Cruises announce that Spirit of Discovery is on general sale! Not the ship, the cruises.
Robin Shaw, chief executive, Saga Cruises, said: “To date almost 7,000 passengers, who had pre-registered to sail on her have already gone on to book one of the new itineraries which is a phenomenal display of loyalty and interest in Saga Cruises.”
In July 2019, after sailing out of Dover for her maiden sell-out cruise around the UK, ‘A British First’, Spirit of Discovery will begin a season of action packed cruises.
Guests can choose from sailing transatlantic to spend Christmas 2019 in New York, island hopping around the Canaries, a foodie voyage around Spain, seeking out the stunning Northern Lights over Norway and many more exciting adventures. While those looking for a shorter getaway to try the new, luxury ship are also spoilt for choice, with a choice of mini cruises to France and the Channel Islands.
Cruising has become a boom industry and new ships are being built everywhere in all shapes and sizes and with new technology to be more eco green and better to sail. Saga have two ships being built at Meyer-Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. Being SAGA’s biggest ship to date, the Spirit of the Discovery will offer widest-ever selection of restaurants. The Grand Dining Room or any of the speciality restaurants will include in a choice of house wines, tips and service charges as inclusive with the food. The Verandah Grill will see the chefs on show cooking in the evening to add a touch of theatre. East to West will pamper to the great enthusiasm British passengers have for Asian food, and Coast to Coast will be a modern sea food dining experience. The Living Room is a lunge wine bar, there will be a spacious library, spa with indoor pool and the theatre and entertainment will be state of the art. The build team and so much more information is on their own web site. Click here. In the mean time check out the latest deals from SAGA cruising on their two very popular ships.
Andy Quill, SMC’s managing director who has over 25 years experience of large scale designs says, “I think people are going to be surprised with what SAGA will deliver with this ship, expect the unexpected!”
We thank SAGA for supplying these artists impressions we can share with you.
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Naples direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Naples with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here