When you know Rome really well it is fair to say it is an easy city to walk round, and it is not huge. But if you do not know it, or are not to good at walking a lot in crowds on sometimes uneven ground, then the bus tour is an excellent choice. Take a look at our film of the bus tours.
Sitting on the top of a bus in the sun, with that elevated view of so much with a full explanation was how we learned about Rome. Start early and take the complete circuit and listen. Then use the bus to jump between places. If you have time, in the afternoon take one of the free walking tours, but as a cruiser, you will run out of that currency time. Jean’s film of the bus route and stops shows you just how much there is to see. If you like these bus tour films and you are also planning a trip to New York, we have the same bus tour film coverage there. NEW YORK BIG BUS TOUR – RED NEW YORK BIG BUS TOUR – BLUE NEW YORK BIG BUS TOUR – PURPLE Click here for discount tickets before you go. Big Bus Tours Rome
- The Piazza Navona & Pantheon is a beautiful square covered in another blog page.
- The Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps are also big tourist attractions, and we have a huge tip here, see our other blog.
- A brief orientation of Rome so the City won’t come as a big surprise ends with a suggestion. There is another way to see Rome. How about re-living the clues in the movie Angels and Demons.
- Rome City Walking Guide – St Peters Square. Click for blog
GUIDES AND TOURS MADE EASY FOR YOUBOOK A SHIP ARRANGED CRUISE HERE – GO TO YOUR PERSONAL P&O CRUISE PLANNER HERE
Choose from these many tours in Rome and book direct CLICK HERE
While on YouTube please also subscribe to Doris Visits.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to ROME (Civitavecchia) click here.
- P&O Cruises to ROME (Civitavecchia) Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a Mediterranean Cruise, but we hear that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS