Take a look around this Britannia clone, the Regal Princess, which was the setting of the first ever six episodes of the TV series The Cruise. Sister of the Royal Princess and Britannia with almost the same capacity. Built in 2014 she carries 3,560 guests in 1539 staterooms in 38 categories. 36 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. Her programme is often seven day cruises from Fort Lauderdale, so she mixes well with a Disney, Canaveral/Jetty Park or other theme park breaks. But, she also visits New England destinations of the founding forefathers into New York and the Caribbean. From Ft. Lauderdale, Florida she crosses via the Azores Islands (Ponta Delgada), to Cherbourg, Zeebrugge, Rotterdam, Copenhagen and takes in Glasgow and the British Isles. This is a special ship that was built in Italy, did her sea trials in the Adriatic, her first season in the Mediterranean and then went to Fort Lauderdale for her name day (sorry about the Game of Thrones term, but as she did her tests in the Game of Thrones Adriatic it seems appropriate she has a name day). It was done in Florida in the presence of the six main stars of the television series The Love Boat, the ship’s godparents. We go into that story in the History of Princess Cruises, a must read. Just as our history of Fred Olsen makes good reading. Big difference to the Britannia is that it has stairs in the middle and where the Limelight is they have Sabatini’s Italian Restaurant. It has a bigger casino, disco, an art gallery which is missing in the Britannia, and no ballroom like there is in the Britannia.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant, a la carte: offers 3-course Italian/seafood menu; open between 6 p.m. -11 p.m)
- Symphony Restaurant (midship location; offers “Anytime Dining” for Dinner)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (121-seat largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Concerto Restaurant (forward Dining Room; offers “Anytime Dining” 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m)
- Allegro Restaurant (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m. “Chef’s Table” private dining for an additional cost)
- Ocean Terrace (specialty seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant, reservations recommended; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Trident Grill & Prego Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Calypso Cabana (food bar offering picnic baskets, desserts)
- Horizon Court (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary); Horizon Buffet and Horizon Terrace
- Swirls Bar (icecream).
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
- Caribbean Princess – (Sister to Azura)
- Coral Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Crown Princess – (sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Diamond Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Emerald Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Golden Princess – (sister to Azura, West Coast USA & Pacific)
- Grand Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Island Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Majestic Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Pacific Princess – (sister ship Adonia)
- Regal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Royal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Ruby Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sapphire Princess – (Southampton based sister to Azura)
- Sea Princess – (sister to Oceana)
- Sky Princess– Just Announced
- Star Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sun Princess – (sister to Oceana)
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.