Quantum of The Seas is a Quantum class ship for the Royal Caribbean company and is just short of 350 meters long. She normally holds 4,180 passengers but has a maximum capacity of 4,905 with crew. These figures vary greatly as entertainers and officers sometimes use passenger deck cabins on all ships. Still a fairly new ship, her maiden voyage was in 2014 and she sails comfortably at 22 knots. The Quantum class ship is bigger than the Freedom class ships, but is not the biggest, that goes to the Oasis class of ship. It has 16 passenger-accessible decks, 8 of which feature balcony staterooms overlooking the ocean. The staterooms above the life boats are recessed into the superstructure and do not look down directly at the ocean. The “Sports Court” on deck 15 includes a Wave Loch Flowrider surf simulator as well as a rock-climbing wall.
The Quantum of the Seas did start in the USA but has become a ship known for being stationed in Asia and has regular routes round from Shanghai to Japan and Korea. It will be in Asia for 2018. These ships run hit musicals in the theatres on board. Find out more about the entertainers working at sea ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT join their Facebook Pages and & please share with your friends. If you want to work at sea, remember it is no party it is work, you are always on call for life boat duty so cannot drink! Random breath tests are done daily on most ships and crew have been known to be dismissed. But if you are a dancer and singer and want to work on ship then here are some answers.
- CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to BARCELONA click here.
- P&O Cruises on BARCELONA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS