This storm that hit Puerto Rico, British Virgin Islands looks horrendous and brought back memories of the storm we were in in Fiji. Houses have been ripped up, rain adds to the rivers breaking banks and the flood water rises. The rain and cyclone season tends to be before the tourists arrive in what we know as the Caribbean Season, but this year might be very different. The film we have here of Fiji rebuilding after the storm, the resourcefulness of the people has to give encouragement. But these people will need you and I to return, not avoid it because of fear. We can find no further statements following the ministers promise to rebuild with the help of the US Government and Cruise operators, that was mid October 2017. Other ports like St Maarten and Tortola have opened.
The weather has begun to allow rescue operations in Puerto Rico, and the area will start to rebuild. They need homes, but they also need money and that means they need to get tourism back. They will need you to visit. They need the support of Britain that retains them as a British Virgin Island. Some of these areas were 10 feet under water. Here is the Sky News report with some devastating pictures of the result just hours after the winds have dropped. The cruise operators will be in touch with the local governments and they will know when it is right to go back, when they will need us to go back, and if it is not, the ships will be rerouted.
On our journey on the Aurora down through Boston past New York to Bermuda as the storms hit, we were affected only in ways the passengers would not know. The ship cut through the waves without a problem and was incredibly stable. However, the entertainment acts changed ship/shift in Charleston rather than Bermuda because of worries the storm had hit or might hit Bermuda and we would not be able to berth. However we did berth in Bermuda and luckily as you can see from our film done just days ago as hurricane Maria was raging, Bermuda was untouched. Jean is not in vision as she moved to another ship in Charleston to do her one woman show. Our advice is to trust your cruise operator, and be in good spirits and support when you go back. Buy a beer and take a tour if these are on offer, the island will need the trade more than ever and your support to rebuild. Our Caribbean Azura first Caribbean cruise of the season was a huge success.
The Caribbean is often a first choice for new cruises, so you have come to the right place to look around. Want a quick read on choosing a ship – how to choose a cruise blog. Why not have a look at the LATE DEALS over a coffee. Doris Visits allows you to SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Naples direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Naples with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here