The video is of the ship’s new look, please hit the share button. It was the first ship in history to have a double ship naming ceremony. Originally with Carnival’s Princess fleet as the Ocean Princess in 2000, her godmothers are Ali McGraw and Ryan O Neal. The Oceana was renamed in 2003 by Princess Anne and her daughter Zara Phillips, now her godmothers. This ship has a very loyal following and a busy chat site.
RPW design oversaw the refurbishment that included carpeting throughout the ship in both public areas and cabins. Furnishings were replaced in the atrium, the Explorers, Magnums, Winners’, Yacht and Compass bars, The Plaza restaurant and in cabins. The outdoor areas were refurbished, with furnishings, artificial turf, tiling and the canopy covering the Terrace Bar and Pool being replaced. Additionally, the future cruise sales desk was relocated to near the photo gallery. The Atrium now feels more space free and has real foliage.
We have guides of Athens, Malta, Crete and others – please shareDORIS VISITS – EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN – MENU OF PORT GUIDE FILMS ATHENS METRO ATHENS ICE CREAM ATHENS GUIDE ATHENS HORSE+CARRIAGE ATHENS PLAKA
- More seats in the Atrium and real foliage.
- astro turf throughout the open decks
- swimming pools are now a dark blue and the pools and hot tubs have been repainted and retiled
- introducing new flooring in its atrium, buffet restaurant, lounges, spa and gym.
- The ship’s “youth spaces” overhauled with new entertainment and soft play equipment, as well as updating dedicated areas for both the nursery and teenagers.
- Oceana’s Terrace Bar enhanced with refurbished hot-tubs, new flooring and surfaces, plus a canopy over the pool that will extend to cover the bar.
- revamping all suites and cabins,
- new carpet for all cabins and suites
- plus new curtains, cushions and headboards for suites
- CLICK HERE – for post refit CABIN TOUR of C Deck cabin with balcony
- and new lampshades and stools for other cabins.
- a street food dining concept in the – Horizon Grill at a small premium, on Deck 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. The concept, exclusive to Oceana, features a small selection of rotating dishes, served in cardboard takeaway trays – veggies will welcome the vegetarian dishes like haloumi, roasted peppers and cherry tomatoes on a pesto wrap.
- new carpeting and furniture in Magnums and the Yacht & Compass bar
- Winners’ sports bar, which shares space with the ship’s Monte Carlo Club casino, has been given a facelift. Featuring several large-screen TVs, The colour palette is neutral,
- new decor, blinds and flooring in the spa and fitness centre areas,
- Plaza Buffet has been outfitted with new carpet, tiling, chairs and banquette seating. and the buffet now serves draught lager.
- Loyalty desk is no longer in the atrium but by the library / photo area
- Deck 5 the Explorers bar has had a complete revamp, with new seating and carpet throughout. Previous dark red has been replaced with retro dark green, blue and brown furniture computer screens and bar.
- Magnums champagne bar has new light furniture
- art gallery has come to life with new LED lighting which is a whiter light source.
- The Plaza buffet has been retiled and the seating has been replaced with modern, more functional substitutes. There is a beige, cream and blue theme throughout, and the new tiles – looks good.
- In the outside eating areas many of the the previous heavy teak tables and chairs have gone, now a colourful blue and green plastic seats and a new canopy over the Grill area.
We have guides of Athens, Malta, Crete and othersDORIS VISITS EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MENU OF PORT GUIDES
Café Jardin is still an Italian restaurant and is not a Glass House, despite rumours.