The Polynesian Cultural Centre has eight simulated tropical villages, some on internal islands within the theme park, various cultural demonstrations and seven shows representing the seven Polynesian Island groups, Samoa, Aotearoa (now called New Zealand), Fiji, Hawaii, Tahiti, Tonga and Marquesas Islands. It is easy to get to from the cruise ship and there is so much to see and do here that it is not only a day out but there is a nighttime show, though cruisers will miss that unless there is an overnight. Pricing is broken down into what and how much you want to do. All the islands it features, the Pacific Islands, are thought to have risen out of the sea as fiery Volcanoes, throwing smoke into the sky that travellers could follow to discover and populate. It is thought that Hawaii is a month away from Tahiti by canoe and it has been re-created. Here at the centre, there are seven shows throughout the day, shops and exhibitions, our favourite was a display of tools showing how the Ukulele is made. It has an IMAX special effects theatre and visitors may be able to take canoe rides in the lagoons. This film is a sample of what is there, to see it all put some time aside for a visit. There may also be tours from here to the local University and Church as the site is owned by the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints.
If this has given you an appetite to visit the 42 acres of tropical splendour and learn more about the traditional ways of these islands with hands-on activities then we suggest you look at the external link – Polynesian Cultural Centre official site. Dinner there means a chunk of meat, yes you dine like Polynesian royalty at an authentic Polynesian luau and top it off with the most spectacular evening show.
See our other films on Pearl Harbour, Kualoa Ranch, the Polynesian Centre, the North Shore, Tahiti, Bora Bora and Fiji. Or check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes. We also have films to help cruisers on almost every popular cruise destination in the world. Baltic Route – Canary Islands Cruise – New England Cruise
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV we invite you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Oahu direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Oahu with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises – TUI Cruises click here
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- How to access the deals below – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here