Pearl Harbour is a memorial to the very many who died there, it is both respectful and very security conscious and no bags, however, small are allowed in. Do not take even the smallest handbag unless you want the inconvenience of the queue to put it in a paid locker. Cameras in cases will be checked. It is easy to access by public bus 20, the bus stop is outside the cruise terminal and the return bus is on the highway just outside and entrance is free so the whole day could cost less than five dollars. Bus drivers are super helpful. The tours are brilliant, so you can choose, you might want to be guided around this huge park.
Japan bombed Peral Harbour on the 7th December 1941. America joined the war against Japan, dropping an atomic bomb on the 6th Aug 1945, then a second on the 9th which corresponded with huge Russian armies attacking Japan from the north. Unable to fight two major superpowers, Japan surrendered on the 15th. Later, Elvis Presley did a concert to start raising money for a memorial park, and then returned many times to aid what you see today. It is a huge memorial park dedicated to the many killed there in the attacks that destroyed the fleet in World War II and there is still a veteran or two who will sign a book, though the ones we saw did so with an ink stamp; their writing skills looked challenged with arthritis. It is amazing that there is no fee for the memorial which was aided greatly in the early years by an inaugural concert by Elvis Presley. He played there many times after to continue to help fund the memorial which now salutes many fallen servicemen and ships.
There are 4 main sections and each could take a couple of hours and some have charges but it is not expensive. Tour guides can help you in what can be a short and informative visit, or a whole day of much information from the many audio and visual exhibitions. As soon as you buy the smallest gift inside, even a fridge magnet you are given a nice memorial bag, so you can hand carry in some items until you acquire a bag from the shop. They also sell pearls there so take some money! Our informative film will really help. Hawaii is often on the Arcadia’s world circumnavigation at the start of each year.
External Link – The official Pearl Harbour Tour site.
See our other films on Pearl Harbour, Kualoa Ranch, the Polynesian Centre, the North Shore, Tahiti, Bora Bora and Fiji. Or check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes. We also have films to help cruisers on almost every popular cruise destination in the world. Baltic Route – Canary Islands Cruise – New England Cruise – Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados) – Norwegian Fjords – Mediterranean Routes
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV we invite you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Oahu direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Oahu with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises – TUI Cruises click here
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- How to access the deals below – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here