These tours do make New York so much clearer. I felt I knew it a little after the three tours, whereas when I went there before I was shell shocked and confused. We chose Big Bus as we had met them in Rome and they let us film. Thanks Big Bus because it means we have three very good films to explain This is the blue route, but please take a look at the others; Big Bus red route, DownTown and the Purple Midtown Route. I add there may always be a detour, it happens in New York especially on Sundays, but this is pretty much the route as planned. Normally first bus leaves at 8am and the last bus leaves 6pm, from near the Big Bus very helpful customer information centre in Time Square near M&M World. Tip, wear something warm if it is chilly, don’t stand up especially on this route, and keep your head down as trees and traffic signals hurt! Our film has a lot in it, but no where near all you will see and take in from the great guides.
Diana Smith, Office Manager & National Project Coordinator in New York for Big Bus said of our three films. “You make me want to take a tour I have done thousands of times again!”
- STOP 20 – down from M&M World Times Square, W 42nd St & 8th, Times Square, get the bus here, it will fill up and the near bus stops the bus may be full.
- STOP 21 – Theatre District five minutes from start, stay on the bus.
- STOP 22 – Radio City 6th Avenue & 50th Street, 15 minutes in.
- STOP 23 – Central Park & Colombus Circle, again, we suggest stay on for the ride.
- STOP 24 – Lincoln Centre Plaza, Broadway & 63rd Street (23 mins), you will drive past where John Lennon was shot on the way to where Yoko Ono still lives.
- STOP 25 – Dakota, Strawberry Fields Central Park West & W 72nd Street
- STOP 26 – American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West & W 80th Street
- STOP 27 – Cathedral of John the Divine, Amsterdam & W 112th Street.
- STOP 28 – Grants Tomb and Riverside Church, Riverside Drive & W 122nd Street. This is now an hour from the start and you have heard quite some stories.
- STOP 29 – Apollo Theatre in Harlem. W 125th Street & Frederick Douglas Blvd
- STOP 30 – Museum of the City of New York. 5th Ave & E 104th Street. 1 hour 17 minutes into your tour on a no traffic day.
- STOP 31 – The Guggenheim Museum, 5th Ave & E 90th Street.
- STOP 32 – The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 5th Ave & E 83rd Street.
- STOP 33 – The Frick Museum, 5th Ave & E 72nd Street.
- STOP 34 – Central Park Zoo, 5th Ave & E 66th Street.
- STOP 35 – The Plaza Hotel, 24 W 59th Street.
- STOP 36 – Central Park South & Moma, 150 Central Park South
- STOP 37 – Carnegie Hall, 57th Street & 7th Ave.
If you are visiting New York we have many films that might save you time and orientate you. Take a look at the whole menu.
CRUISE INSURANCE THAT EVEN THE CRUISE SHIPS SELL, AND WE ADD NOTHING ON, JUST CLICK HOLIDAY EXTRAS – OR OUR BLOG
BUY YOUR BIG BUS TICKET HERE, THE QR CODE CAN THEN BE USED TO PRINT OUT YOUR TICKET BY ANY OPERATIVE NO QUEUE, NO GOING TO AN OFFICE – TICKET AT BEST PRICE WITH NO HASSLE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to New York direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to New York with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
Follow us to see … the sea