There are surprisingly only three Cruise Ship Terminals in New York, and this is the one favoured by the Queen Mary 2, though is also used by the Crown Princess, the Regal Princess and the Aurora. Brooklyn Cruise terminal on the Upper Bay in the Red Hook area of Brooklyn, is not the best place to dock, not even the locals know it is there including some police and taxis. It is, as is Brooklyn across the river from Manhattan hence the bridge, which could be a walk but will take you an hour. However, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge is supposed to be amazing and it is on our bucket list for next time but we suggest the bus to the bridge is a whole lot easier. Here at Doris Visits show you two routes, the ferry across the Buttermilk Channel which, is easy provided you watch the information screen at the front of the queue for information and times, and don’t listen to gossip. Tickets should be bought in advance, and there is a machine but many don’t bother and expect to buy on board. If the ferry is running late, it might not wait, it has problems if it runs behind schedule so best to be prepared, with ticket. If you want to use your Google.com/transit then the GPS address to use for the terminal is 72 Bowne Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231.
The Bus is a one block walk, and you are best heading to Court Street Metro on the B61. You will get off at the Santander Building/ Trader Joes junction and walk two blocks to the Borough Hall Metro where you can get any of the 2/3/4/5/N/R subway trains. The person in the ticket office will sell you a Metro card for a dollar if you don’t have one. Two people can use the same card, and you can stack four journeys on it for $11. That is two people there, two people back. Get you bearings as you get on the tube and the way to the bus because if you come back at night don’t expect the locals to know where you want to go. You might like to see our film of sailing up the Hudson River and under the Hudson Bridge. Click here.
The ferry is easiest, and the film here shows you where you will get dropped. You can get straight on the Big Bus Tour and you are off on your New York Adventure, especially if you have purchased in advance. You QR code will just get zapped and you get your head phones (as bus speakers are illegal in New York, it is a quiet city!!!) See Bug Bus route films, Red Route, Purple Route, Blue Route. We also have many films of the attractions, but you are in the Wall Street South Street area at this ferry stop, and South Street Seaport has undergone a revival and is now a bohemian cutting-edge dining, shopping, & entertainment area claiming to be one of NYC’s ultimate destinations. The Sea Port museum is fun and reminds us of the city’s remarkably short history from being New Amsterdam, to becoming British and the land you stand on being infilled and built on. The Howard Hughes Corporation is committed to celebrating this District’s historic buildings and neighbourhood.
CRUISE INSURANCE THAT EVEN THE CRUISE SHIPS SELL, AND WE ADD NOTHING ON, JUST CLICK HOLIDAY EXTRAS – OR OUR BLOG
BUY YOUR BIG BUS TICKET HERE, THE QR CODE CAN THEN BE USED TO PRINT OUT YOUR TICKET BY ANY OPERATIVE NO QUEUE, NO GOING TO AN OFFICE – TICKET AT BEST PRICE WITH NO HASSLE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to New York direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to New York with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here
Follow us to see … the sea