Renowned for being one of the top New Years’ Eve destinations, and maybe the top for cruisers, Madeira is normally on the Canary Island’s route. It is Portuguese and mainly Christian so Christmas is special, the streets of Funchal get beautifully dressed with thousands of lights. Even outside Funchal, almost every lamppost will be dressed up. However, on New Year’s Eve, they go crazy. Crazy, Crazy! Fireworks and activities make Madeira Island one of the most amazing places to celebrate New Year’s Eve. So much so, that people travel there just for this celebration. The curved bay acts as a huge theatre with barges in the bay shooting a massive firework display into the sky. Whether you watch from the beach, a bar or the ship this is one of the star places to be on New Years’ Eve. And who wins that prize this year? The P&O ship Ventura. Take a look at our Madeira films. Toboggan or sleigh ride. The Botanical Gardens. Madeira Guide.
Sydney Australia is also always popular.
Where are your favourite ships on New Year’s Eve?
- Aurora R725 is in Hamburg on an overnight – see the ship tour
- Arcadia J721 is at sea having left Barbados – see ship tour
- Azura A736 is at sea having left Barbados – see ship tour
- Oriana X727 is in Tenerife on an overnight
- Ventura N735 is in Funchal, Madeira on an overnight – it wins !!!!
- Britannia B734 will be at sea having left Tobago just hours earlier – see ship tour
- Oceana E726 will be on an overnight in Amsterdam
- Braemar M1731 will be on an overnight in Antigua
- Balmoral L1728 will be on an overnight in Funchal, Madeira with the Ventura, winner !!!!
- Black Watch W1727 will be on an overnight in Sydney Australia …. pretty Cool
- SAGA Pearl 2 will be in Valetta, Malta departing at 0100hrs New Years day
- SAGA Sapphire will be on an overnight in Stockholm, Sweden
- TUI Discovery II will be at sea having left Jamaica (fly 30th)
- for others see the operators site from links below.
These are fireworks at Funchal, shot by a drone.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Madeira direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Madeira with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Book 1 Violet stops in Madeira and is on a Canary Island Cruise on a ship like the Ventura layout. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
- The Royal Caribbean – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Click here or for the latest deals click here
If you came here because of its Christmas title, don’t be disappointed. Our Christmas joy published in November also includes the Kew Gardens Light show, Bath Christmas Market and Christmas Markets at the Southbank and Bankside as well as the lights in Oxford & Regent Street and Liberty’s windows.