Mykonos is said the be the jewel of the Aegean, and Mykonos is one of the most visited islands in the area. Elizabeth takes a relaxing stroll around Mykonos which is just what you might do if not on a cruise. The first thing you might see as you approach are the windmills which it is famous for. A popular island for the rise and famous and fellow cruisers, it is also known as a gay friendly island and has a full on night life. It is likely to be on your Aegean cruise itinerary but it is unlikely they will let you stay there overnight.EDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS
CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Adriatic Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHATClicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to MYKONOS click here.
- P&O Cruises on MYKONOS Click here
- Marella MYKONOS Cruises – options click here
As always, take a look at the tours in the Get Your Guide box because that will show you what there is on the island. It has a population of around 10,000 people in 85 square kilometres. It is known to have been inhabited back as far as 11th century BC and was occupied by the Romans. You can have some fun with the history because you are in the territory that stands between myths and religion and much has to have some substance somewhere. In Greek mythology, Mykonos was named after its first ruler, Mykons, the son or grandson of the god Apollo and a local hero. Mykonos is also said to have been the location of the battle between Zeus and Titans and where Hercules killed the invincible giants having lured them from the protection of Mount Olympus.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, please sign up to our Facebook Page and share with fellow cruisers. We are at sea every month of the year some where and post new films of cruise destinations each week. Facebook.CHAT and share your love of small ships, and answer other peoples questions. Join the Fred Olsen Cruise Chat Facebook Group.
- There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS