At the top of the cable car, many people walk straight past the gardens to get to the toboggan ride. That is fair, but if you want to see the gardens then do that first or you will have to come back up again as opposed to going down from the base of the toboggan.
The Monte Tropical Gardens are so extensive (70,000 sq meters) that you could spend a day there and walk back to the ship. They are tiered gardens on the mountainside. In the grounds is a three storey museum
The Monte Palace Tropical Garden has an huge exotic plant’s collection, coming from all over the world. There is manor house and lake with water features, swans including Black swans from Australia, Tasmania and New Zeeland, and duck’s. Peacocks and chickens walk free in the grounds.
The Monte Palace Museum is an ideal exhibition space nestled within the beautiful surroundings of a tropical garden. There are three floors, two of which are dedicated to sculptures and the third houses a unique mineral collection gathered from the four corners of the world as seen in the film. ‘African Passion’ shows part of a collection of contemporary Zimbabwean sculpture from the period 1966 to 1969. ‘Mother Nature’s Secrets’, on the lower floor, proudly exhibits one of the finest private collections of minerals, predominately from Brazil, Portugal, South Africa, Zambia, Peru, Argentina and North America.
Around the garden is a large collection of tile panels placed along the walkways and amongst the vegetation. The collection is considered to be one of the most important in the country after that of the National Tile Museum, is made up of Hispano-Moorish tiles of the 15th and 16th centuries and panels produced in Portugal from the 19th to the 20th centuries.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Madeira direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Madeira with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
- The Royal Caribbean – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Click here or for the latest deals click here