The Mountain Town Of Mijas
Mijas is a beautiful mountain town just twenty minutes from Malaga and worth a half day visit.
Mijas is now best known for its Donkey Taxi. The rides on the donkeys and the pulled carts are a huge attraction in Mijas and they await you as you arrive. Sheltering under the trees and in the shade of the walls the donkeys used to be working the fields until their owners found they could make more money from tourists.
Horse and Carriage
In the newer square down by the tourist office are the horse and carts. Their poster infers they take you round the town but they don’t. The trip is just to the roundabout up by the free parking and back, and you may have just walked that yourself. So the Donkey’s win if you wish to support one of them.
The tourist office has details of everything in the town and the area. Their walking map is good and they are keen to explain. It is not the easiest map to understand but hold the sea to the sea and then you should find things easily. The town is small and easy to walk.
Mijas is a city for Tapas, wine and views. It is a place to relax. It draws the sun in so is very hot. Wear a hat. As you are still at the Torremolinos end not the Marbella end of the Costa del Sol, the prices are quite reasonable. See the film and explore the town.
You might also like to see our films on Sotogrande, Gibraltar, Duquesa, Estepona, Marbella and Malaga. If you fancy a road trip from Gibraltar up the coast or the other way. Check out deals on hotels here, try the mountains. Then look at our places along the coast – you could go north to Almeria, Cartagena, Benidorm, Alicante and finish at Valencia.
If you want to see Mijas from a cruise by ship, it will be on the tours list as it is only 20 minutes from Malaga if your ship stops there. It is not practicable in a day stop at Gibraltar.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to MALAGA click here.
- P&O Cruises on MALAGA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Malaga Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS