The world is a strange place, sail to the America’s and find yourself in the EU. Guadeloupe and Martinique both take Euros and lets hope we don’t have to test our European Medical card there, but take them because they are supposed to work. Your insurance company may expect you to claim even if they pay. Our EHIC blog The large tourist map we were offered was in French, check first. The small folded A4 sheet is in English and suggests there is a 12 step audio tour you can take so as not to miss anything. We were there on a Sunday so most things were closed from the market to the fort, and the supermarkets close at mid-day Sundays. The film gets most bits of the town but Martinique is about diving, the sea and a seductive mix of magnificent beaches and lush mountains. Walking to the left you would find the Balata Botanical gardens very near. Owned by a passionate horticulturalist, the Balata Botanical Gardens (Jardin de Balata) it feature more than 3,000 species of tropical plants and flowers. It is well landscaped with ponds full of water lilies and lotus blossoms. A tree top walk on rope bridges gives visitors a fantastic view of the gardens while hummingbirds play (the only bird that can fly backwards). There are also benches for relaxing. That is probably the best option in town. The ferry to the beaches is to the right, see the film.
You will find the ship offers tours to explore Martique, to enjoy the wonderful sea, to explore the botanical gardens and a rum and banana excursion. If you have booked your P&O cruise, you can go into your personal planner and see and book excursions via the link below.
Ferry Destinations – Martinique’s main resort areas is said to be south of Fort-de-France, Pointe du Bout. It is far more cosmopolitan than the port town with boutiques, ice-cream parlors, and restaurants. The sea front resorts patrol their own beach sections. The ferry from Fort-de-France goes there. West of Pointe du Bout is Anse Mitan, one of the best beaches on the island, with snorkeling opportunities just offshore.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for presenters and social media activists to help us expand so drop us a line anytime with ideas at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. Click here for the special CARIBBEAN SEASON destination menu. Each major Island and Caribbean Season Destination has a guide or film about the tours here !CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Caribbean Chat – Let others know what you did in Martinique. Love the Caribbean and share here. Chat and answer other people’s questions. Here is where you are the knowledge base – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
- P&O Cruises –Book your Christmas cruise with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen –Book your Christmas cruise Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises click here or for the late Marella Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
READ the CRUISE as you CRUISE the SEA. If you know a great novel set at a cruise destination, tell us and we will add it to the destination page and credit you with the suggestion and on which ship you read it.
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Luxury River Cruising – For a look at life on the river – Click Here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here
- P&O Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Mediterranean Cruise Late Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Fjords & Iceland Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Canary Islands & Iberia Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Short break Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal