Now I am not saying that there was a little inside knowledge somewhere, but the Sally Katz adventure romance novel, Her Perfect Storm has a same sex marriage in the story. It was an outrageously wonderful and detailed ceremony foreshadowing what has just happened. P&O have become the first company to allow a same sex marriage at sea. What is uncanny is that some say that Sally’s first book, Her Virgin Voyage, in the Solo Cruiser series is written around the P&O ship Azura on one of her typical Canary Island routes. Those of you who follow Doris Visits will know that the author is a land based cruise worker and they used, with permission our films to research the detail of the port stops. So, the Canary Islands videos we have our accurately used for location, not for the romance or the sauce bits; these are adult books for those who liked 50 Shades, not for readers who prefer Mills and Boon.
WEDDINGS AT SEA
The first same sex marriage is said to be in January, 2018 on the Azura in the Caribbean and I suspect it will be nothing like in the book, where a Barbara Streisand tribute act sings at the wedding etc …. it is one of those where you had to be there, or read it. Then from November 2018, Cunard will be offering same sex marriages, which means both the Southampton based US cruise lines owned by Carnival, P&O and Cunard, will be ‘on board.’ It seems odd in this day and age we even have to same same sex, it is just a marriage. All can enjoy a wedding at sea, there was one on our last cruise and the guest had a wonderful time. Wedding packages for P&O cruise ships are available from about £1,200, while packages for Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 are offered from around £2,570 and from £2,117 for weddings on board Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria, which earlier this year received a £34million refurbishment. The weddings will be taken by the ship’s Captain (the web site allows the deputy Captain to take over in their small print, if the Captain is unavailable) and the licenses will be issued by the government of Bermuda, from where we have just returned with the Aurora on a New England Cruise.
What is amazing is that the press reporting this all grab a wedding picture and I have yet to see a same sex wedding picture.
If you are not getting married, and are not clicking through to the P&O page that explains the deal, we will briefly hit the main points here. The P&O Cruises Weddings at Sea package suggests a heavenly day of love and laughter. They help ensure the dream in your head comes true and they are good at this stuff and certainly have the staff and attention and venues to make it as stress-free as possible. There are various venues your wedding might use, and move from one to another. The ship is a town, all inter-connected, it can be private, it can be fun, it can be all. Some ships are exclusive for adults should you wish. You will be appointed a wedding coordinator, the one person who knows who on board to ask for that special request, so you only ask one person. It is not just about the champagne and flowers in the room, though that helps. It is that you have just a short stroll from your cabin to all of your dreams and requests with staff taking care of all the little details. And, the honeymoon starts straight after the service on a ship so vast you can meet and eat with your guests or lose them when you want to. On board a ship is everything you need for a wedding, and they work as a team daily; from bouquets to buttonholes, food, canapés, cakes to photography.
Before you set sail, the cruise company can send you wedding invitations so you can send personal invitations to join your celebration. Your Wedding Coordinator can also arrange for Thank You notes to be delivered to your cabin once you’re on board. Your clothes can be washed, pressed and prepared. Discuss everything with your Personal Cruise Expert when you book.
The cost of your Weddings at Sea Package will not change. Included within the package price are the following:
- A romantic ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain*
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the on board Wedding Coordinator
- The attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of your Marriage Certificate (You can, of course, order additional copies.)
- The cost of the licence fees
- A bottle of Champagne in your cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- An additional 5kg luggage allowance each for the wedding couple if travelling on a P&O Cruises fly-cruise holiday**
- Pressing services of the wedding couple outfits***
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to New York direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to New York with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
- The Royal Caribbean – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Click here or for the latest deals click here