A great view of this adults only ship, the Marco Polo sailing into the Tyne filmed by our video reporter in the north, David James Taylor. The film really examines the exterior of the ship and allows you to get a feel of the size of the ship and imagine the history it could tell. We all love ship spotting and this classic ship has style and secrets. It was named the Alexandr Pushkin (the statue of whom we saw in Art Square on the Emperors and Assassinations tour in St Petersburg) from its launch in 1965 until it became the Marco Polo in 1991. It had major works, modifications and alterations after leaving duty for the Soviet Union’s Baltic Shipping Company. At 176m it is just a little bit longer than Roman Abramovich’s yacht. It can travel at 19.5 knots and carries 820 passengers in more style than the previous incarnation that carried 915 passengers. It was at one time one of only three ships in service crossing the Atlantic, but ceased that duty in 1980 after carrying the Russian Olympic team home. Like much history there are other versions of what this ship did and where it was and some say it was for a time working for the Russian Navy. Now with Cruise & Maritime Voyages a company formed in 2009, when their German based Transocean Tours filed for bankruptcy, so you could argue the ship stayed with the same carers. One of five ships in the Cruise and Maritime Voyages fleet. The ship may now be a UK based ship but it loves going back to the Baltics (see route) as well as sunning it in the Canary Islands (see route). canary Islands is novel 1 and Baltic is novel 2, see low after you have looked at the ship.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises –Book your Christmas cruise with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here
- Fred Olsen –Book your Christmas cruise Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here
- MARELLA Cruises £50 off as associates we normally have a code to give you at least £50 off – to see if we have currently have that or a better offer – Click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts! Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship! But this is an adult ship only!
- The Royal Caribbean – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Click here or for the latest deals click here