The Majestic Princess is very new to the fleet having arrived last year, and she is aimed at the Chinese market and those who wish to explore Asia. Another Royal Class ship, she will look and feel very familiar to lovers of the Britannia, Royal or Regal, but look a little different, a year newer and maybe more grand with its own t’ai chi master. Her movies under the stars screen is said to be the biggest at sea. As a Royal Class ship, she carries 3,560 guests, the Britannia experiment with the missing middle stair case has not been included as the stairs are there.
The pool configuration at the top is far more creative and decorative. This ship can be found in the waters of Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the South Pacific and has the Chinese name “Sheng Shì Gong Zhu Hao” on the hull. The name was chosen by Carnival Corporation’s Chinese employees and translates as “Grand World” or “Grand Spirit”.
The World Fresh Marketplace is the free buffet and there is ample free dining, but there are more premium payment restaurants on board this new ship. It is worth taking a look as this is a ship to dine out in.
- Sabatini’s Restaurant (Italian specialty restaurant, a la carte: offers 3-course Italian/seafood menu; open between 6 p.m. -11 p.m)
- Dining Room (midship location; offers “Anytime Dining” for Dinner)
- Harmony (haute cuisine Cantonese restaurant, developed in partnership with Chef Richard Chen – Wynn Las Vegas’ Wing Lei)
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria (121-seat; another largest complimentary pizzeria at sea)
- Dining Room (forward Dining Room; offers “Anytime Dining” 5:30 p.m. -10 p.m)
- Dining Room (aft Dining Room; offers formal dining and two fixed dinner seatings at 6 p.m. or 8:15 p.m.; the “Chef’s Table” private dining can be reserved for a premium)
- Ocean Terrace (specialty seafood bar)
- Crown Grill (160-seat steakhouse/seafood restaurant; on select days serves British Pub Lunch, complimentary)
- Trident Grill & Prego Pizzeria (self service, complimentary fast food bar)
- Calypso Cabana (deck side food bar offering picnic baskets)
- World Fresh Marketplace / The Court (self service buffet plus the “East Meets West” street food counter an extension to the cooking area found in most buffets)
- Swirls Bar (icecream).
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
- Caribbean Princess – (Sister to Azura)
- Coral Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Crown Princess – (sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Diamond Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Emerald Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Golden Princess – (sister to Azura, West Coast USA & Pacific)
- Grand Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Island Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Majestic Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Pacific Princess – (sister ship Adonia)
- Regal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Royal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Ruby Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sapphire Princess – (Southampton based sister to Azura)
- Sea Princess – (sister to Oceana)
- Sky Princess– Just Announced
- Star Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sun Princess – (sister to Oceana)