Norway’s Western Cape on four, bridge-connected islands has harbours that were destroyed in WWII which have been rebuilt. It is a bigger place to visit than many far north towns. Locally there are fishing villages dating back to the 13th Century, and there is a museum on fishing, but don’t let that fool you. This place offers a lot, and you will need to plan your day. Take a look from the Sky with our DRONE film.
Research tours where you can, then decide which ones you might take. If on line tours are available they will be here. Here is what the ship may offer and what there is to see.
- Theme park, zoo and fun fair all rolled into one. The Kristianund Dyrepark has all the makings of a great family day out – think enchanted houses, tea-cup rides and a waterpark.
- Kristiansand Cannon Museum. This place is packed with WWII uniforms and weaponry
- a Blue Flag beach
- Setesdalsbanen railway (originally opened in 1896)
- Fred. OLSEN current Fjords cruises with Deals
- P&O Fjords & Iceland Cruise Deals – – click here
- TUI Baltics, Fjords, Iceland & Arctic Cruise Deals – click l
Take a look around Doris Visits and get more out of your cruise research – guides, tours, cabin tours, ship tours, news.
ANDALSNES BERGEN FLAM OLDEN OSLOFJORD SKJOLDEN STAVANGER TROMSO REYKJAVIC AKUREYRI ALESUND ALTA BODO EIDFJORD KLAKSVIK TORSHAVN GEIRANGER HAUGESUND HELLESYLT HEIMAEY HONNINGSVAG ISAFJORDUR KRISTIANSUND LOFOTEN ISLANDS LONGYEARBYEN NARVIKNUUK QAQORTOQ TRONDHEIM