If anyone in the industry was asked who is the Cliff tribute, they would say Jimmy Jemain. Recently I got to see him again on board the Britannia. He is quite an incredible Cliff. Let me explain how we first met. I have been a Cliff Richard fan since I was a little girl. Summer holiday was the first film my mum took me to see and I remember we had to queue around the block!
Yes that is me with him, a long time ago. When I was 40 my husband arranged a surprise 40th birthday party. I was part of a comedy trio called the Two and a Half Degrees and I thought we had been booked to perform at a Silver Wedding anniversary party. Imagine my surprise when after we had performed the lights went on and there were all my family and friends. Then the real party started. I was told there was a special guest and Jimmy started singing a Cliff Richard number off stage. I really thought my husband had booked Cliff Richard, it sounded so like him. Part of me was thrilled and part of me horrified at how much it must have cost. As it turned out it was not Cliff but a Cliff tribute, Jimmy Jemain. His act was superb and very funny. He managed to get a few of my friends and family up on stage with plastic guitars etc trying to do a Shadows routine.
Fast forward quite a few years and we were on a cruise. I was doing my Royal Mistress talks and who do I bump into in the bar? Jimmy Jemain. He was appearing on the ship and his show was as professional and as accurate as ever. In 1990, Jimmy Jemain won his heat on the TV Series “Stars In Their Eyes” and due to public demand went on to appear on the show a further four times.
He has been performing his Tribute Show for over 20 years all over the world, in five star hotels, on board luxury cruise liners and at theatres nationwide. When I met him again, Jimmy told me that Cliff is very supportive of his work and when he is performing will send him complimentary tickets so he can keep his act current!
With Cliff completely exonerated and back as good as ever, hopefully, Jimmy will have lots of new material to explore as well as all the old favourites. The audience sang along and really enjoyed the show. It is uncanny how like Cliff Jimmy Jemain sounds. Not only when he is singing but also when he is speaking. We have seen many tribute acts and he is up there with the best of them. Don’t forget to go and see him if he is appearing on a cruise you are on. You won’t be disappointed!
Have you seen Jimmy, or Cliff. Let me know in the comments. Jimmy Jemain’s site is here.
Find out more about the entertainers and show cast you see at sea & share with friends.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world. Baltic Route – Canary Islands Cruise – New England Cruise – Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados) – Norwegian Fjords – Mediterranean Routes
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment in the chat sites. All the chat sites listed here.
CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to MALAGA click here.
- P&O Cruises on BARCELONA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS