The 16 deck Island Princess is the sister ship to Coral Princess, a Panamax ship constructed at Chantiers de l’Atlantique, France, and her main stays at sea are Alaskan cruises in the summer months, the rest of the cruises around and using the Panama Canal with stops in Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, and the Caribbean Islands. Refurbished in May 2015, she offers her 2,200 guests a relaxing Spa, live entertainment, gourmet cuisine, casino gaming, the Bayou Café and Steakhouse, which features New Orleans-inspired Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
- Caribbean Princess – (Sister to Azura)
- Coral Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Crown Princess – (sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Diamond Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Emerald Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Golden Princess – (sister to Azura, West Coast USA & Pacific)
- Grand Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Island Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Majestic Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Pacific Princess – (sister ship Adonia)
- Regal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Royal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Ruby Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sapphire Princess – (Southampton based sister to Azura)
- Sea Princess – (sister to Oceana)
- Sky Princess– Just Announced
- Star Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sun Princess – (sister to Oceana)
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.