The Independence of the Seas is a Freedom class ship that only entered service in 2008, but things are changing fast. Look at the list of new ships on order. The ‘exponential curve’ phrase is being used in every advance on the planet but cruise ships have their own accelerated growth. Cruising is no longer the just for the rich, it is for those rich enough to cruise with their children and grandchildren. You will have heard us say before, the vertically integrated family makes huge demands on a ship. The Independence was built for that back in 2008, but that was ten years ago and as they say, you won’t believe what’s sailing your way on Independence with new features and activities so as not to be shadowed by the Royal Caribbean’s new Edge Class ship also due out this 2018. This film of the Independence now shows you that cruising changed some time ago and as long as the dollars flow the operators give so much more back. The never ending circle produces ships like cities. New on board the Independence –
- Brand New Waterslides – Two waterslides, Splashaway Bay water park, because the most exciting activities are the pools. It’s time to make a splash!
- Playmakers Sports Bar – Features classic British Fish & Ships, there is also an Arcade and sweet delights at Sugar Beach Candy & Ice Cream Store.
- Laser Tag – A physical game, Duck, dive, and zap your way to victory, scores are collated into a league and there will be a ship’s champion?
- Escape Room – This is where you put your brain to the test, and complete the puzzles to try and make it out on time. It sounds like a version of Crystal Maze.
- New Trampoline Park – This is what is says it is, an area of trampolines. This is a great way to exorcise.
- New Panoramic Ocean View staterooms – with wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling ocean views allowing you to feel like you are on the bridge and have full advantage of sunsets.
- Special restaurant Izumi – the exotic Asian-inspired dining experience where chefs cook tableside on real Teppanyaki.
To see a pre-refit inside cabin that over looks the promenade, click here.Click here for the special CARIBBEAN SEASON destination menu. Each major Island and Caribbean Season Destination has a guide or film about the tours here !
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUPDisaster in the Caribbean! The book series has been in the charts for months. Book 3 sees Violet with a new job on board and a new boss in the USA and Caribbean. It does not go well. Adult action romance on a cruise. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.