The Guidelines for the use of the Doris Visits Chat sites are here.
The List of Doris Visits Chat sites can be found :-
Our Moderators, like all who work on Doris Visits, are volunteers who love cruising. In line with any other industry none of them should be subject to abuse so any guest doing that will be removed and blocked.
The reason we have moderators is to keep the sites clean, abuse free, moaning free, and so some chats don’t get too long. Long chats can annoy the many members once they get repetitive, so if the question is answered a moderator may stop further commenting. Great answers are sometimes pulled out to be used elsewhere and sometimes on the main web site www.DorisVisits.com
The moderators are asked to do all of the below without using their own personal stance, but to take a stand of ‘live and let live’.
These are the goals of a moderator and how they look to deal with them
- To stop arguments breaking out on the site. This can happen on inflammatory subjects like smoking, norovirus, tipping and dress code. Give the official answer with a Doris Visits blog from the web site www.DorisVisits.com and stop further commenting suggesting the chat has been answered and thrashed out. Use the no further commenting button to end the blog.
- Remove anything offensive, and possibly remove the member, possible block the member. Racism, sexism, nastiness will not be accepted. Even terms like, they are just not British are not allowed when used referring to others who are not. These things are normally obvious and unacceptable.
- Removal is a harsh tool. If it is a violation that looks nasty block the offender, maybe from all Doris Visits chat sites if the option is there. If it is just a silly remark taken the wrong way, HIDE the remark so as not to block the member.
- Remove all non-cruise and off-topic blogs, like jokes, fundraising, recipes and other.
- To remove all selling and offers or tours, unless they are informative and a positive post, then allow once and never again. Obviously, Doris Visits pages are allowed.
- If someone answers with another websites answer and DorisVisits has its own answer, you can remove and replace.
- To allow new members. They should have some traceable profile. If they have no picture they can be declined, you can message or research the applicant but the onus is on them not you. You may decline anyone with no picture or history on Facebook. Members with no friends and recently joined should be considered or messaged. If busy declined.
- To read reported blogs and figure out what is going on. Keep a note of the reported blog and reporter.
- Remove all Moaning – simple, remove it, remove the user if worried. We are deliberately different to other sites. We stress if you have a moan take it to the company, we can do nothing about it. This site is for those who love the ships or cruise line, and those who find a need to complain do not belong on the site.
- Remove bullying or revenge blogs. Maybe remove the user.
- To welcome new cruisers before the number hits 50, where possible.
- To answer questions with a Doris Visits blog or film if we have an obvious answer. Encouraging people to use the main site saves repeated questions. How to find it, go to www.DorisVisits.com and either use menu or finder (Magnifying Glass)
- To like good answers from other guests when they have answered a question well.
If you do just one of these you have performed a service. We do not expect moderators to be across the site all the time.
If in doubt, direct message one of the other moderators. You should never have to take abuse for doing this job. As we are all at sea a lot, don’t panic, screenshot and save and share with either Stuart or David when they are on land.
DORIS VISITS NOVELS
We write the Cruise Ship Crime Novels. Obviously we allow those posts and encourage others to talk about the books if they have read them.
If a guest has been declined or wronged, they can go to the web site www.DorisVisits.com, and contact us and resolve the matter.