If you have just the time of a cruise stop, it might be wise to schedule just two places as well as Las Ramblas or one place you study well.
Park Güell on Carmen Hill opened in the year of Gaudi’s death and in 1984 made a world Heritage site. It was a housing development that Güell asked Gaudi to design, it failed, the council took it over and now it is a park on the hill with stunning views. The number 24 bus will drop you at the gate. The park is free but to go inside the houses you MUST book on line before you go, the interiors of the houses have timed entrance spaces, you would be very unlikely to turn up and get in. Book here.
You can be back by lunch time, and take in some of the city. In our other film, Jean goes to Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia by Metro. Guadi is everywhere his art is all around you once you enter Barcelona. Antoni Gaudi was a Catalan Architect born in 1852 whose works were of an individual distinctive style. There is so much of
his work, that you can easily do day trips and longer just on Gaudi.
This building is up Las Ramblas to the left. Again, near a metro. Again you are asked to book on-line to avoid disappointment as with all these attractions.
NEW TO CRUISING? If you are worried how to choose which cruise, which ship and where to go, take a look at our how to choose a cruise blog. Why not have a look at the LATE DEALS over a coffee. Doris Visits allows you to SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We have videos of many of the cruise stops you might make from Miami to Tahiti, from Tallinn to St Maarten. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to BARCELONA click here.
- P&O Cruises on BARCELONA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS