Guadeloupe looks like two islands in the shape of a butterfly. Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre are the two sides joined by a causeway. See our port and beach film and if you can sample the French/Caribbean spicy Creole flavours in any of Point-a-Pitre’s restaurants. You will have ample time after a morning tour.
Grande Terre Panoramic is a morning coach tour, which requires little walking. We had one man in an electric chair who could just stand and not walk, and the driver was incredibly helpful. It is a coach ride up the coast and then looping back on a different route. We stopped at a shopping centre by the main beach that many will have visited. It was a small town. We then went out to the more rugged point where the gentleman on the chair still made it out to see the coastline. The way back was full of tales, our favourite of a ghost. You will have to see the film. The tour was back just after 1.30, but traffic could make it later. It was enjoyable and good value for money.
Take your EU medical Insurance card and make sure it has not expired. Check our blog
We suggest this is an island to enjoy either the beach or take a tour. See all the adventures and ports here on Doris Visits. If you have already booked with P&O you can book this tour through our link to your personal planner at P&O you can also book tables for dinner and if you are on the Britannia you can reserve a table at the Limelight. We are P&O (and other cruise operators) affiliates. The internet is a wonderful thing!
The Caribbean is often the choice of new cruisers, so if you are new and looking for advice on which ship, take a look at our how to choose a cruise blog. Why not have a look at the LATE DEALS over a coffee.
- P&O Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal.
- Marella Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for a genuine late deal.
- St Kitts Port Basseterre Town Guadeloupe Town & Beach Barbados Guide Antigua Bus Tour Bequia, a trip from St Vincent
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs and ask you to follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for presenters and social media activists to help us expand so drop us a line anytime with ideas at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises – Book your P&O cruise to Guadeloupe – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your Fred Olsen cruise to Guadeloupe – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises click here or for the late Marella Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Christmas Tinsel can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ the CRUISE as you CRUISE the SEA. If you know a great novel set at a cruise destination, tell us and we will add it to the destination page and credit you with the suggestion and on which ship you read it.
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Luxury River Cruising – For a look at life on the river – Click Here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here