Yes this is where we shot Mrs Brown’s Boys the movie although the series had all be shot in the studio in Glasgow; yes an Irish show, produced in London, shot in Glasgow… only the BBC could take diversity that far. It is definitely a favourite show to talk about on the ships and if Stuart St Paul avoids it when on, he gets requested to mention it. The show is legendary, just as Dublin is. There are bars everywhere, and most have live music so it is easy to waste a day just enjoying yourself and seeing nothing. If you need a free Guinness visit the Storehouse Brewery, everyone gets a free drink, most leave it, so there are glasses of beer everywhere for the taking. The gaol is also famous and a must see, but apart from the buildings, the literature, the poetry and the music there are the tours and the humour. A walking tour is a good idea with a great guide. They are likely to show you all of some of St Patrick’s Cathedral which is Ireland’s largest church, Dublin Castle, the Irish Museum of Modern Art and the National Museum of Ireland. The city is an easy place to walk, and due to the one way system it is easier than driving or parking. Said and Elizabeth are causing there on the Adonia late 2017. The Adonia is now sold to Azamara cruises so we wonder which ship will be given this route.
- click here for the New Canary Island cruise menu including West Africa & Cape Verde
DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals.
- P&O Cruises to Gran Canaria – click here
- Fred Olsen Cruises to Gran Canaria – click here
- Marella Cruises to Gran Canaria – touch here
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP Violet Beckett takes her first cruise, a Canary Islands Cruise which is very accurately portrayed. She is a tormented lady who for years was agoraphobic may just be swapping one safe haven for another, or is she about to come out of herself and find love. Maybe that is too much to ask for, maybe she is too keen and it will all end in tears. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Canaries Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT