The Diamond Princess is very much a family ship. 4 swimming pools, a children’s splash pool, children and youth’s centre with amusement programmes well suited to families. Although a family ship, the dining venues have many tables for two. This Gem class version of the Grand Class was the largest ship in the Princess fleet when launched in 2004. The cruise ship takes 2,670 guests mainly round Asia and Australia she was voted the best international ship in Japan by the Cruise Magazine Readers Poll. Refurbished in March 2014 (written March 2018) the ship is 1.5 meters wider than most other Grand Class ships to which the Gem class is a sub class, but was not built in Italy. She was the first Princess Cruises ship to be built in a Japanese shipyard and lacks the “wing” or “spoiler” across the rear which can be seen on Caribbean Princess. There are 1337 staterooms in 33 categories: staterooms are 170-sq.foot balcony rooms (522). Three quarters of ship’s outside accommodations have balcony views. 27 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest cabins aboard the Diamond Princess are the Grand Suites (615 ft2).
You should dress for a cruise with Princess the same way you would for any stylish land-based resort.
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.
- Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies
- Pants and open-neck shirts for men
Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.
When formal nights are held, please observe the dress code in the Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining venues for the enjoyment of all our guests.
- Evening gowns and cocktail dresses for women
- Tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with a tie for men
Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.
Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.
Learn about the very special Princess Luxury Bed
- Caribbean Princess – (Sister to Azura)
- Coral Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Crown Princess – (sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Diamond Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Emerald Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Golden Princess – (sister to Azura, West Coast USA & Pacific)
- Grand Princess – (smaller but sister to Azura – Grand Class Ship)
- Island Princess – (Panamax ship)
- Majestic Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Pacific Princess – (sister ship Adonia)
- Regal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Royal Princess – (sister to Britannia)
- Ruby Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sapphire Princess – (Southampton based sister to Azura)
- Sea Princess – (sister to Oceana)
- Sky Princess– Just Announced
- Star Princess – (sister to Azura)
- Sun Princess – (sister to Oceana)