Just arrived in Boston and been out testing the new camera, the Canon XC15. OK, so it is first run and we have not got the hang of it yet, and we had to stop for a few beers at CHEERS bar. Cheers, the new bar is a rebuild of the original bar, The Bull and Finch Pub, that was here in 1981 and inspired the writers to go off and write the sitcom which is now part of popular modern history. The interiors were obviously shot in a studio build in Los Angeles, but this is the exterior that was used over and over again. The show was nearly canned as the first series failed to gain an audience, it ranked nearly last in the ratings. The show ran from 1982 to 1993 and reached number seven in the charts and is listed as one of NBC’s best all time shows. A staff writer on the show who later joined the production team, David Lawrence Angell was on the first plane to hit the World Trade Centre in 2001.
Our main Doris Visits films on Boston will follow, but we thought we would score an early goal putting a short one up just to test the footage of the new camera through FCPX10.3 (edit) which is also new.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you to follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Boston direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Boston with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts! Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here