Firstly welcome to the huge and ever-growing Doris Visits family of cruisers. Doris Visits
We never keep your details here, nor ask for them, but rely on our web site DORIS VISITS to output cruise resource information and news, our YOUTUBE CHANNEL and FACEBOOK pages to give out more, and we often recommend things for cruisers on AMAZON like seasickness bands. We may suggest other things you wish to take on board, like one of the novels we write. We do our best to always comply with the rules of those hosting companies and GDPR.
In addition, we at Doris Visits have a style, and it comes from a base of having been filmmakers and screenwriters and hating critics. Our chat sites are not for critics or moaners. We now make films on cruise destinations and excursions, and share them as answers from our on-line TV channel and Youtube. Please share and subscribe.
We are a huge community with over 100,000 blogs and chats a month. We don’t read them all! We have many chat sites that are focused or anchored on a cruise operator or sometimes a ship. In the case of Viking Cruises, every ship is the same, whereas on P&O each ship is different. So Viking has one chat site, P&O has one for each ship.
DORIS VISITS NOVELS
Previously screenwriters (with awards) we now write the Cruise Ship Crime Novels. Obviously we allow those posts and encourage others to talk about the books if they have read them. Jean our main presenter on the films and Laura (who played Sonia in the Christmas special of Gavin and Stacey) are the editors and addition material writers. Laura does character work, Jean is technical. They are a great way to see below decks and behind the scenes, click the picture.
Our operational guidelines
- Say anything against the sight and you will be removed and free to join another site.
- We like to see who is joining, so joining without a picture and no profile might need a message or contact or it could be declined.
- We don’t like any moans, all moans should be taken to the ship operator or supplier who has the ability to deal with them. We are not a window for vengeance.
- If you are on one of our ship’s chat sites and angrily say you will never sail on her again, we will assume you don’t need to be on the chat site.
- If you are rude or offensive, we will likely remove you.
- Blogs have to be 100% cruise focussed so we will delete jokes, recipes, tales, cries for help or funding or anything off plot when we see it.
- When a question has been answered we may mute further commenting. Just seems sensible.
- If someone answers a question with a page from a competitor, and we have the same answer, we may remove it and favour our answer, though you will see we leave most genuine help untouched.
- If someone is trying to sell tours or cruises, we might remove it and them.
- If we see arguments brewing, we might stop posting on that discussion to stop things getting out of hand or unsavoury. We might delete an unhealthy chain or users.
- If someone wishes to disagree with us or our chosen style, we will remove it and maybe them.
- If your opinion is we should be different or change something please email or DM us, but you may be on the wrong chat site.
- We may take a week or more, to allowing people on when we are at sea, which is often. Stay with us, it happens.
- Our sites all focus on UK cruisers, and ships and routes UK passengers might take, and those who join UK cruisers on ships.
- No politics, religion, fundraising of any kind, or charity posts.
- In vision chat – this is new and growing. Common sense applies, but assume it is day time somewhere, so all the time and children could be on-line. No smoking in vision, usual broadcast rules.
- Private Messaging – is not seen by us nor controlled by us. It is a facility offered by Facebook. If a member does something in a private message it is not actually on our chat site. We keep a good relationship with Facebook and do not cross borders or lines and direct messaging is their domain. They often suggest we remove a post from our chat site that they do not like and we comply, (we have chat sites for most ships or cruise operators). However, what happens outside our chat site, in a private message – which is Facebook member to Facebook member is not on our chat site but in their system needs to be reported to Facebook as we cannot deal with it. Use the three dots on the right of the message and report it to Facebook as you feel fit, maybe as hate-speak or an unwanted comment. Direct messages fall in their domain as they are outside our chat site. Facebook has the opportunity of then dealing with the member.
That should mean that the site stays happy, positive and about cruising. If you need to share a joke or criticise there are other cruise resources for that. We are not trying to be the same as them, we want to be different. There are other chat sites that deal with other styles of chat, and we have made a decision to keep ours 100% focussed on positive cruising experiences, which is the style of Doris Visits.
For those of you who have seen one or two of our hundreds of films on cruise destinations or excursions or ship tours, we don’t critique. No two people’s opinions are the same and there is no need for anyone to be uncomfortable. Our films try and just show you how to get the beach for $2 on a public bus, where a must-see feature is, or what is there. A simple guide, 100% real.
In just two years our online TV channel, which is what we are first and foremost has grown, and in summer 2018 we are hitting way over 2000 YouTube views a day, and over 70,000 main web site reads a month. We don’t read every blog, but we know when you are offended because comments get reported to us, people get reported to us. Without rules, or a style as we prefer to suggest, people don’t know what they are following, so we hope this helps. This content will no doubt change and change and stay fluid.
If you have joined Doris Visits via the chat, and want a quick look at what we do, this kind of sums us up.
If you want to help, then please get in contact. Vie the web site or at email@example.com
PORT GUIDES – WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – CARIBBEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – CANARY ISLAND MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – FJORDS MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – BALTIC SEA MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – BRITISH ISLES CRUISING DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – NEAR UK + SHORT CRUISE W.EUROPE MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – SHORT CRUISE W. COAST FRANCE PORTUGAL – DESTINATION GUIDES