Firstly welcome to the huge and ever growing Doris Visits family of cruisers. We never keep your details here, nor ask for them, but rely on our web site DORIS VISITS to output cruise resource information and news, our YOUTUBE CHANNEL and FACEBOOK pages, and we often recommend things on AMAZON where you might find something to take on board. To that end we do our best to always comply with the rules of those hosting companies.
In addition, we at Doris Visits have a style, and it comes from a base of having been film makers for nearly 50 years. We make films of things, destinations and excursions, and share them as answers from our on-line TV channel. We have many chat sites that are focused or anchored, to use film and sailing words, on cruise ships. Each ship has a following and a style and having a site per ship or group of ships works for us. There maybe a chat site for a ship, or one for a group. Our destination chat sites, like the Caribbean, we are currently leaving for others and the few we have left are being re-vamped. So, ship centric, which is a tongue twister. So what is our style, what are our operational guidelines?
- We like to see who is joining, so joining without a picture and no profile might need a message or contact or it could be declined.
- We don’t like any moans, they should be taken to the operator or supplier who has the ability to deal with them. We are not a window for vengence.
- If you are on one of our ship’s chat sites and angrily say you you will never sail on her again, we will assume you don’t need to be on the chat site.
- If you are rude or offensive, we may remove you.
- Blogs have to be 100% cruise focussed so we will delete jokes, recipes, tales, cries for help or funding or anything off plot when we see it.
- If someone answers a question with a page from a competitor, and we have the same answer, we may remove it and favour our answer, though you will see we leave most genuine help untouched.
- If someone is trying to sell tours or cruises, when all of that is available via links on Doris Visits, we might remove it.
- If we see arguments brewing, we will normally suggest live and let live, or we might stop posting on that leg to stop things getting out of hand or unsavoury. Or we might delete an unhealthy chain.
- If someone wishes to disagree with us or our chosen style, we will remove it and maybe them.
- If your opinion is we should be different or change something email us, but you maybe on the wrong chat site.
- We may take a week or more, to allowing people on when we are at sea, which is often. Stay with us, it happens.
- Our sites all focus on UK cruisers, and ships and routes UK passengers might take, and those who join UK cruisers on ships.
That should mean that the site stays happy, positive and about cruising. If you need to share a joke, or criticise there are other cruise resources for that. We are not trying to be the same as them, we want to be different. There are other chat sites that deal with other styles of chat, and we have made a decision to keep ours 100% focussed on positive cruising experiences, which is the style of Doris Visits.
For those of you have seem one or two of our hundreds of films on cruise destinations or excursions or ship tours, we don’t critique. No two people’s opinions are the same and there is no need for anyone to be uncomfortable. Our films try and just show you how to get the beach for $2 on a public bus, where a must-see feature is, or what is there. Simple guide, 100% real.
In just two years our on line TV channel, which is what we are first and foremost has grown, and in summer 2018 we are hitting way over 2000 YouTube views a day, and over 70,000 main web site reads a month. We don’t read every blog, but we know when you are offended because comments get reported to us, people get reported to us. Without rules, or a style as we prefer to suggest, people don’t know what they are following, so we hope this helps. This content will no doubt change and change and stay fluid.
If you have joined Doris Visits via the chat, and want a quick look at what we do, this kind of sums us up.
If you want to help, then please get in contact. Vie the web site or at firstname.lastname@example.org
PORT GUIDES – WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – CARIBBEAN MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – CANARY ISLAND MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – FJORDS MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – BALTIC SEA MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – BRITISH ISLES CRUISING DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – NEAR UK + SHORT CRUISE W.EUROPE MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDESPORT GUIDES – SHORT CRUISE W. COAST FRANCE PORTUGAL – DESTINATION GUIDES