The Limelight is a cabaret venue with a three-course meal. It is so successful, the Iona is to have the same style club called The 710 Club with Gary Barlow as the musical director. It is not a restaurant where you sit, eat and talk, it is an intimate venue where you go to watch star acts. It is like a Speakeasy but times have moved on from chicken-in-a-basket and the food has a selection of choices. It is an adult-only venue. You have your appetiser, the act comes on introduces themselves and does a 20-minute spot, you then eat, main and dessert and the act comes out and performs while you drink coffee and wine.
As well as Darren Day, Eric and Ern, there are less familiar acts to Britannia’s top club.
- Anne Reid MBE is known for playing Valerie in Coronation Stree, Dinnerladies and Last Tango in Halifax. Her act includes Broadway rarities from such shows as Fiorello, The Happy Time, and Guys and Dolls, as well as the more familiar songs of Cole Porter, Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer, Henry Mancini, Marvin Hamlisch, Rodgers & Hammerstein and the Gershwins. She even delves into some rarely heard numbers by Sondheim.
- British soul singer Jahméne Douglas, who was the runner-up to James Arthur on the ninth series of The X Factor in 2012
- Judy & Liza is a two-woman show celebrating the life of legendary mother and daughter songstresses by Emma Dears and Lucy Williamson, both of whom have spent many years in London’s West End.
- Singer and impressionist Christina Bianco, who has diva impressions will be on Britannia’s 14-night Caribbean cruise round trip from St Lucia departing 18 November.
- Chesney Hawkes, The One and Only, will be on a number of cruises
- Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy – are back – as Boyzlife. This exciting new show on Britannia’s 14-night Spain, France & Italy cruise will be packed full of untold stories, further Westlife and Boyzone hits.
- Claire Sweeney, who has starred in Guys and Dolls opposite Patrick Swayze, as well as many other shows Educating Rita, Legally Blonde, Fosse, Tell Me On A Sunday and Hairspray, will also perform on five Britannia cruises.
This is a special night and it costs a small premium which can vary from the normal £25. It has been such a success on the Britannia that it is being put into the new P&O ship IONA, which will hold 5,200 guests. The acts are key because you are buying to see them perform up close and personal with no fighting for seats. Stars who have played here include American singer-songwriter Dean Friedman, the UK hit duo BoysLife, X-Factor winner Samantha Bailey, the hugely talented Darren Day who absolutely amazed us when we saw him, a favourite of ours, TV star and singer, Dean Andrews. Then there are our golfing mates, Eric and Ern with the timeless tribute to Morecambe and wise which is uncannily real, so real that the family watch their every move. Then there has been Claire Sweeney, Madeleine Bell and Kiki Dee the list is getting longer.
Please subscribe to our YouTube Channel while watching the film, hitting number targets enable is to have more design options with Google.
The Limelight club normally rotates four menus, it is a three-course menu because you are there to watch an act, it is like a speakeasy. As we are official affiliates of P&O, you can book your holiday here now or if you have booked already and have your details which will all come via the internet and you will be sent tickets and plans, you can book a table at the Limelight Club as well as excursions via you cruise planner below. The internet is a wonderful thing!
Now take a look at the Epicurean. We can’t wait to hear the stars they have lined up for us in 2018, and as soon as we know, we will repost this.
The Limelight is one of the benefits of a bigger ship, which has exceptional facilities for those who wish to enjoy them. Some may find the bigger ship a lot to deal with, but it is designed for the new face of cruising. Families cruising together, three of four generations. Regular cruisers will soon find it is a reflection of all that is best on the other ships, for every age group, but newer, smarter and with more. There is the Crystal Room with a dance floor so dancers don’t have to dance in the atrium. Bigger means more choice, and although there are more passengers, there are more places for them to be. Bigger means more options. The food is always good on board ship, but here that seems better too, it feels like it is. Remember to budget for the extras and excursions.
How about reading one of our adventure cruise ship crime novels written by the team here at Doris Visits who have written movies and TV until these books.