Wild life videographer Paul Dining from Cornwall was in the Fjords on the Braemar, and he has a particular eye for nature when he films. See Eidfjord through his lens.PORT GUIDES CLICK HERE – FJORDS MENU OF DESTINATION GUIDES & TOURS & NIGHT SKY
It may be a little village but Eidford sits at the end of the Eidfjorden, a branch of the large Hardangerfjorden, that features the largest high mountain plateau (Hardangervidda) and Norways largest national park. And it is a powerhouse; Eidfjord uses water to make power and hosts the Sima Power Plant which is built into the mountain itself. There doesn’t seem to be a helicopter tour here so see our version, one of our famous drone films chasing the AIDAsol out of the Eidfjord Fjord.
- Fred. OLSEN current Fjords cruises with Deals on offer – click this box
- P&O Fjords & Iceland Cruise Deals – look and book direct with P&O through our Doris Visits link to get their best offer – click here
- TUI Baltics, Fjords, Iceland & Arctic Cruise Deals – click for a genuine late deal
ANDALSNES BERGEN FLAM OLDEN OSLOFJORD SKJOLDEN STAVANGER TROMSO REYKJAVIC AKUREYRI ALESUND ALTA BODO EIDFJORD KLAKSVIK TORSHAVN GEIRANGER HAUGESUND HELLESYLT HEIMAEY HONNINGSVAG ISAFJORDUR KRISTIANSUND LOFOTEN ISLANDS LONGYEARBYEN NARVIKNUUK QAQORTOQ TRONDHEIM
- Tours and places ro see include.
- 14th century church and the largest collection of ancient graves in western Norway at its Viking Burial Place.
- Hikes and Kayaking.
- Troll Train to Måbødalen valley to see Norways most famous Vøringsfossen waterfall which has a free fall of 182 metres.
- Scenic Hardanger Tour, and Hardanger Fjords.
- Hardangervidda (Europe’s largest mountain plateau).
- The Hardangervidda Natursenter, a visitors centre and museum.
- Hardangervidda National Park, located in Øvre Eidfjord.