Boston harbour was a mess a generation ago, and the docks like all docks have changed from the warehouses to containers. That means the old warehouses are now offices and apartments and the seafront is totally different, the water cleaned up. In order to save public access, the Boston Harbour Walk was developed and is 43 miles of a 12 foot wide boardwalk along the seafront. It links parks, harbours, working boat and dock areas, ferry and parks, amenities and toilets, bars and restaurants. Boston has become a fun young city with much to offer. Inland there is another path, a brick line as Dorothy might follow in the Wizard or Freedom, because it is the Freedom Trail with many stops of interest from the Boston Massacre, to the Tea Party. From the real Cheers bar to the one at Quincy Market, from Museums to lectures and information by Park Rangers, Boston is a city you can walk around, will walk around, the question that remains is which way? That is where Doris Visits comes in. Here is our overview film. The guide to Boston.
You might take in some of the harbour and the Freedom Trail, or Chinatown though that might not be top of the list, not as impressive as New York or London’s Chinatown. There are many films with more detail of Boston and the rest of the impressive east coast of North America. Autumn is a perfect time of year to witness the superb spectacle of colour in the fall or autumn – whichever. These cruises around New England offer a contrast between some of the most British of American harbours with the colours of leaf fall, and the rugged Cornish like sea coast. Boston, many peoples favourite city with its huge park and Cheers bar. New York’s wonderful statue of liberty against an instantly recognisable skyline. Then the ships start to creep further south to Charleston, Baltimore and as we are just before the Caribbean season, storms permitting, Bermuda. All these and more are featured on our East Coast menu, so if you have not cruised there yet, take a look at this route.
We have now laid all the destinations out in route sections to make it easy for you, have a look around and let us know your thoughts. Films include, Boston Cheers, Boston Harbour Walk, Boston Clough House, New York Statue of Liberty and Island trip, NY Ellis Island, NY Empire State Building by Night, NY Big Bus Blue Route, NY Big Bus Purple Route, NY Big Bus Red Route, New York Library, New York Grand Central Station, Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Baltimore Guide, Charleston Guide and Bermuda.
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you to follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Boston direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Boston with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts! Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here