Bora Bora is a sun, sea and sand paradise, unless it rains. The day we were there it rained though it was warm rain. We still got to see what you would see if the sun was out, as there is very little to see and do in Bora Bora. If it does rain there will be a queue for the tender back, as there is at lunch time. When you step from the ship, music will be waiting to greet you as the locals try to sell you tours and facilities. The port is full of Pearl shops that will make jewellery to your design. We show the shop that seemed to be favoured by the passengers mainly because it was very friendly. What do you do in a day visit? If you chose the clear turquoise blue sea you chose right – it is a swimmer or snorkeler’s dream. Lazing on the fantastic sand is good too. The beach is a five dollar taxi up the road once all the buses have finished hustling for around the island tours – it is not a walk. That beach is shown on the film so you can assess that trip. Our film shows the short island tour with just four featured stops.
We also visit the beach and rum shack, though there are other options this is where the tour buses stop. You might, therefore, hire a bike or eco car (like a beach buggy, not a real car). A bike is fifteen dollars, more than the taxi but this is a hugely expensive island. A fridge magnet will cost between ten and twelve dollars, a pound in the UK and two to three euros in most other places in the world. Unless you laze on the beach, you are likely to be back on the ship for lunch.
This is a place where a tour might be considered a good move. Tours available in Bora Bora include the Aqua Bike!
Your next stop maybe Fiji. We made a full length feature film there with the band Status Quo. That was a huge laugh.
Why not have a look at the LATE DEALS over a coffee from your arm chair? Doris Visits allows you to SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Bora Bora direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Bora Bora with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises – TUI Cruises click here
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Christmas Tinsel can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here