Just 600 miles from North Carolina, this cruise stop is often added on the way home from Charleston or Baltimore or on the way to Charleston and down to Canaveral or another Florida destination. It has an all year round climate so is used before and after as well as during the Caribbean season. Many ships dock in the Naval Dockyard and there is a magnet drawing you to the capital, Hamilton across the bay. Many people who go there are back within two hours. A guide round Bermuda needs to be more than Hamilton as there is little there and it can be done in an hour. The Naval dockyard has more, especially for children as can be seen from this film by SSP. But, Stuart suggests a day pass on the bus and ferry for $19, and find a beach and see some local towns. The routs are clearly marked and whether you get a bus from the dockyard, or ferry to Hamilton and get a bus from the main bus station, the whole 22 mile stretch of islands is easy in a day. Suggestion, if you have children the dockyard is fun, Hamilton might bore them. If you are adventurous, go to Hamilton on the earliest ferry, take the number 10 or 11 all the way to St Georges, you will have had a whole island tour. Come back and if time see Hamilton or the dockyard.
External link to plan you trip, the bus route and ferry time table
CRUISE INSURANCE THAT EVEN THE CRUISE SHIPS SELL, AND WE ADD NOTHING ON, JUST CLICK HOLIDAY EXTRAS – OR OUR BLOG
IF YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO NEW YORK, BUY YOUR BIG BUS TICKET HERE, THE QR CODE CAN THEN BE USED TO PRINT OUT YOUR TICKET BY ANY OPERATIVE NO QUEUE, NO GOING TO AN OFFICE – TICKET AT BEST PRICE WITH NO HASSLE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Bermuda direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Naples with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here