Barcelona has an awful lot to offer, and you may do well to pick one or two, plan the journey and hit them early, then relax at les Ramblers in the afternoon knowing you are near the ship. Montjuic has 360-degree stunning views of the city and overlooks the port being 173 metres higher. It is a historic reminder of Barcelona’s various turmoils throughout history.
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is the full title, and it is abbreviated to the trendy MNAC. It is the national museum of Catalan visual art and is housed in the Palau Nacional, a huge, Italian-style building that dates back to 1929. It has housed the Museu d’Art de Catalunya since 1934 and was declared a national museum in 1990. If you cam by metro you will see it from the circle or roundabout, at the end of Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina, near Pl Espanya. It has a huge collection of romanesque church paintings, and other Catalan art from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. There are many steps up to it on the Montjuic hills, but wonderfully also outside escalators! The building is free to enter, the museum has a cost. There are botanical gardens to walk around between them. The Metro to Pl Espanya is the cheapest and faster way to the museum. The castle is either a taxi or a fair walk from the museum, through the gardens and can be accessed from the port by cable car or metro. Jean takes you there from the port by Metro and photo bombed by the birds.
Barcelona is a place where if you had a week you would find lots to do, and in a day you need to choose wisely or just get an overview using either of the Hop On Hop Off bus companies. One has two routes, the other three. Some of the buses have free WiFi. We have many other films set in Barcelona.
GAME OF THRONES – if you are travelling to Barcelona, consider extending to Girona just 2 hours north and taking the Games of Thrones tour. CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to BARCELONA click here.
- P&O Cruises on BARCELONA Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP There has yet to be a book written in the Solo Cruiser series that is based around a mediterranean Cruise, but we here that one is being planned and that it takes place on a Strictly Come Dancing Cruise. The 4th book based in Florida and the Caribbean is due out early 2018. For now, if you have not read them, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. It never seems to work out the way it should though. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS