Baltimore is a major city built around a harbour, not just a gateway port to Washington. You will dock in the deep water outer harbour, about a 20 minute walk from the inner harbour. If there is a queue for the shuttle bus you may challenge yourself with the walk as the shuttles can be sparse. Maryland is one of the original thirteen states established in August 1729. The port was built to export its growing agriculture, mainly cereals. If you are a baseball fan you might head for Oriole Park and then the nearby Babe Ruth Museum, and cover the Charles Street corridor of buildings and shops, our film does not venture there. We go in the other direction and cover the area you are more likely to walk round; the modern inner harbour. We then venture up to through the Italian area and walk you back to Fell’s Point which is easily reached by water taxi if you don’t want the hike. CHAT GROUP – Cruise Canada & the USA Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHATThe water taxi is just that, has no commentary but can get you around quickly all day for a reasonable fee. The Italian area and Fells Point are both part of the Heritage Walk which is marked by plates set in the sidewalk and will take you past the Jewish museum and the African culture museum, Carroll Mansion and the Children’s museum. Back in the harbour, the Tall Ship Constellation floats as a museum which you may wish to see. There are shops and cafes, Bubba Gump and Hard Rock in what is a very clean and welcoming city with very friendly people who have time to say hi. It is much slower than New York and a very pleasant visit which could be why they call it the charm city. The sail away is often to a beautiful sunset as Baltimore has great skies. We had a tug forcefully pushing a large ship away from us as we sailed away and under the Baltimore Bridge.Marella Cruises to USA / Central America – click here to view Marella Cruise’s own web site page for – Central America Cruise deals page
Also see other films along this east coast route including Charleston, Boston and the many films on New York, from visiting Liberty Island and the New York Library to taking the Big Bus tour of the city, we show three routes for you to judge value. Plus we have films of Charleston, Bermuda and others on the coast. Menu here.
CRUISE INSURANCE THAT EVEN THE CRUISE SHIPS SELL, AND WE ADD NOTHING ON, JUST CLICK HOLIDAY EXTRAS – OR OUR BLOG
BUY YOUR BIG BUS TICKET HERE, THE QR CODE CAN THEN BE USED TO PRINT OUT YOUR TICKET BY ANY OPERATIVE NO QUEUE, NO GOING TO AN OFFICE – TICKET AT BEST PRICE WITH NO HASSLE
- P&O Cruises – View a Baltimore cruise at P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – View a Fred Olsen Baltimore cruise – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- MARELLA Cruises £50 off as associates we normally have a code to give you at least £50 off – to see if we have currently have that or a better offer – Click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- If you enjoy seeing more about the entertainers you see at sea, then take a look at our show cast! Here is our growing menu of those who work at sea.