It is nice to know exactly what your ship, or floating hotel will look like and our video reporter David James Taylor has sat himself at the Port of Tyne with his camera to give us so exceptional exteriors of these magnificent ships. The Balmoral is a classic ship operated by Fred Olsen and a big favourite of our close friend Marty Kristain of the mega band from the 1970’s, The New Seekers. He can often be found on it as their celebrity guest. Many star guests have their favourite ships. Marty used to share a flat with David Bowie, who hated flying and used Cunard to cross back and forth, but Marty will tell you about that should you have the pleasure of meeting him. Marty also painted the Doris Visits cartoon. But back to one of his and Carole’s favourite ships. The Balmoral was built in 1988 and was then 187m long and 34,242 GT in weight. She’s put on a bit since then and I am not going to say anything Marty! Now the Balmoral is 218 meters long and weighs 43,537 GT. She has 10 passenger decks and can carry 1,778 passengers. All Fred Olsen’s ships start with the letter B as you will know from the history of the family we share on our destination video of Olsofjord, and she was named after the Balmoral estate. They took the ship over in 2007 and had her rebuilt to their very special specifications. It increased her capacity by 186 more passengers and 53 more crew cabins. They also introduced 60 new balconies along the public areas and gave the ship a new life. Her first cruise was on the 13th February 2008 to the Caribbean where she based in Florida for the season. She is the biggest of the ships in the Fred Olsen Fleet.
Join the friendly CHAT of this friendly ship – the Balmoral Chat Group CRUISE INSURANCE THAT EVEN THE CRUISE SHIPS SELL, AND WE ADD NOTHING ON, JUST CLICK HOLIDAY EXTRAS – OR OUR BLOG
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for a social media persons to help us expand so drop us a line anytime at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
SEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. We show cruise destinations all over the world. From St Lucia to Barcelona, from Tallinn to Tenerife, from Rome to Russia. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share.
- Fred Olsen – Book your late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- MARELLA Cruises £50 off as associates we normally have a code to give you at least £50 off – to see if we have currently have that or a better offer – Click here
- P&O Cruises – the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts! Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
- The Royal Caribbean – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Click here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Click here or for the latest deals click here