Download Local Tourist Map here EC$ Eastern Caribbean Dollars (The will take US $)
Antigua is a jewel in the Caribbean, but St John’s Port is not a port that keeps you busy for long. We also have an island tour film on our other blog which shows the historic harbour, take a look. The more popular option in Antigua is to enjoy one of the 365 beaches or take a sea adventures. Antigua does have a beach for every day of the year and they are beaches to make other islands jealous. In this blog and film we take you to the West Bus Station, we introduce you to the bus coordinator Martin who will ensure you are on the right bus for your chosen beach. Antigua has a very reliable and good bus service. We take the number 20 to Jolly Harbour Beach. Many cruisers will be there, those who went by taxi will have spent far more to get there and may well have been convinced they should be picked up at 2pm. However, it is likely your ship won’t sail to 5.30 so there is little need to leave that early, 3.30 should be more than enough time. If you are on a bus you can leave anytime because Jolly Harbour is the end of the bus route and the bus starts at your beach; it won’t be full.
There are two local bars on the beach as soon as you step on, maybe more if you walk the length. There are also resorts but these two local bars have more than enough fun. Sandra’s is on the beach but does not have wi-fi, where as the Castaways has two top class Indian Chefs, I mean seriously top class, Sport TV and fast wi-fi and the prices are the same and the cocktails are good. Take a look at the film, we show the bus garage, bus, beach, food….
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for presenters and social media activists to help us expand so drop us a line anytime with ideas at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHAREClick here for the special CARIBBEAN SEASON destination menu. Each major Island and Caribbean Season Destination has a guide or film about the tours here !CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Caribbean Chat – If you love the Caribbean then share here. Chat and answer other people’s questions. Here is where you are the knowledge base – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHATSEE THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA.
- P&O Cruises –Book your Antigua cruise with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen –Book your Antigua cruise with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- TUI Cruises click here or for the late Marella Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Christmas Tinsel can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ the CRUISE as you CRUISE the SEA. If you know a great novel set at a cruise destination, tell us and we will add it to the destination page and credit you with the suggestion and on which ship you read it.
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Luxury River Cruising – For a look at life on the river – Click Here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here