We have filmed in the mountains near Almería and been based there, but not filmed it as a guide. It is a city in Andalusia, in the southeast of Spain on the Mediterranean Sea up from Malaga. It is the capital of the province of Andalusia. Almeria comes from the name Al-Mari’yah and dates back to the time of the Malaga’s fortification and citadel Alcazaba founded by Abd-ar-Rahman III. Famous for the textile and silk trade it was taken by the Christians in 1489 then devastated by an earthquake in 1522. It did not really come back to prominence and get rebuilt until the 19th Century. It’s economy is now driven by supplying much of Europe with vegetables. We went there to use the mountains and shoot a TV commercial for Yorkie Chocolate which must have been about 1985. If you like to see how stunts are done take a look at our film jumping off the Statue of Liberty. About 35 minutes away in the Tabernas Desert is the Cowboy Town or Western Theme Park, known as a mini Hollywood. But there are other tours that the ship will offer or you can research here. This is where young stunt performers train before getting onto teams to do shows like Game Of Thrones.PRINCESS CRUISES – CRUISES IN THE MEDITERRANEAN The med leads you to others seas… OUR GAME OF THRONES TAKE ON DUBROVNIK Almería is a great place to walk around and explore, until we film it, here is a view that helps show it.
CHAT GROUP – Cruise the Mediterranean Chat – New Group, be one of the first to join and start a thread on your forthcoming or past cruise by number – – CLICK HERE TO SHARE & CHAT
Clicking the DORIS VISITS COMPARE CRUISE DEALS BOX takes you to a variety of deals and explains how they are all found.
- Fred Olsen cruises to Almeria – Click here
- P&O Cruises to Almeria – Click here
- Marella Cruises – Marella Western Mediterranean Cruises
- Marella Cruises Cruise Chat – share your experiences, reviews, pictures, films and help others with their questions. JOIN THE CHAT GROUP A novel that takes place in the Canary Islands on a cruise, a raunchy romantic adventure, like in 50 Shades you might skim through the raunchy bits, but they are great cruise books with good stories. Follow author Sally Katz by clicking her name and then on the author page on Amazon, click follow. Then as she releases a new book your are informed.
- MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE DESTINATIONS – MENU – CLICK HERE FOR GUIDES, TOWNS, CITIES & TOURS