Eric and little Ern is a magnificent, accurate and emotional link to Morecambe & Wise that is nostalgic and entertaining. People rock with laughter whether at festivals, in the huge West End theatres or on board ship in the Limelight club. Ian and Jonty are keen members of the Stage Golf Society, as are we and many other acts like Marty Kristian of The New Seekers also a regular on the ships. When the ships dock they are rushing off somewhere to play golf! Eric and Ern have now also started to play Cunard ships.
2016 saw them on a Christmas TV special with Eric Idle and professor Brian Cox who was recently in a show in the Canary Islands with Stephen Hawkin and Manuel Martinez. Now Ian and Jonty, who first met at drama school in Birmingham in 1983, where they became firm friends are the double act everyone has always told them they should be.
Their portrayal of some of the best know gags of Morecambe and Wise (also known as Eric and Ernie), is uncanny. With the full permission of the family and the owners of the work, this new tribute act has been built into something quite special to repeat the genius that history had thought it had lost. The original British comic double act, Morecambe and Wise worked in variety, radio, film and most successfully in television. They ran from 1941 until Morecambe’s death in 1984. They have been described as “the most illustrious, and the best-loved, double-act that Britain has ever produced”. If you liked them, then Eric and Little Ern will be the treat that will bring back so many memories.
Ian and Jonty’s success with Martin Clarkson has taken them from the golf clubs to the Edinburgh Fringe to London’s West End Vaudeville Theatre and now cherry picked by P&O especially for the very unusual and special Limelight Club on the Britannia. Doris now rarely sees Ian and Jonty on the golf course but does meet up with them when their schedules cross somewhere at sea.
The Limelight club normally rotates four menus, it is a three course menu because you are there to watch an act, it is like a speakeasy. As we are official affiliates of P&O, you can book your holiday here now or if you have booked already and have your details which will all come via the internet and you will be sent tickets and plans, you can book a table at the Limelight Club as well as excursions via you cruise planner below. The internet is a wonderful thing!
- P&O Caribbean Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Mediterranean Cruise Late Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Fjords & Iceland Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Canary Islands & Iberia Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
- P&O Short break Cruise Deals – click here for the latest genuine deal
Find out more about the entertainers and show cast you see at sea & share with friends.
Check out some of the great Cruise Routes, our concise films of what a ship offers when it takes a specific route. These are typical routes but we do have films to help cruisers on every popular cruise destination in the world.
- Baltic Route
- Canary Islands Cruise
- New England Cruise
- Caribbean Cruise (from Barbados)
- Norwegian Fjords
If you are new to Doris Visits Cruise TV then welcome, we invite you to comment at the end of our blogs, and ask you for follow us on here on www.DorisVisits.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get the best from us. We are always looking for presenters and social media activists to help us expand so drop us a line anytime with ideas at press@DorisVisits.co.uk PLEASE SHARE
- P&O Cruises – Book your cruise to Naples direct with P&O – Click here
- or for the Late P&O deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Fred Olsen – Book your cruise to Naples with Fred Olsen – Click here
- or for the late Fred Olsen deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Thomson Cruises – Thomson Cruises
- or for the late Thomson Cruise deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Saga Cruises – Search, check availability and book – Click here
- or for the late SAGA CRUISE deals click here to see the fleet click here
- Holiday Extras, car parks and Cruise Insurance
- Pontins special breaks like Big Bands and Early Christmas can be booked here. See Pontins special breaks here
READ THE CRUISE BEFORE YOU CRUISE THE SEA. In the book charts!
Sally Katz used the films on Doris Visits to peg her books on! With permission. Each book takes place over a cruise and has incredible inside news and information on cruise lines and shipping. She told of the same sex marriage at sea (book2) plans a year before they were released!! Book 1 is a Canary Islands cruise, Book 2 is in the Baltic, Book 3 is in the Caribbean. Adult romance, Bridget meets 50 Shades on a ship!
How to access these deals – use the click here and when on the page, click the brown bar ‘see all cruises’ just above the pictures of the ships. That will take you to the deals we have.
- The Royal Caribbean – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Azamara Club Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Celebrity Cruises – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Regent Seven Seas – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Fleet here or for the latest deals click here
- Holland & America – Fleet here or the latest deals we have click here