AZAMARA Cruises – we look at both ships, sorry did I say two? Three. Azamara has just bought the Adonia from P&O and is giving it the Azamara facelift. We have films and blogs and you can join the community and share and chat. There were four of these ships built, we wonder if Azamara is after the forth. Read, chat and join in.
If you have a great tour, tell us, we will include it. Become one of our presenters.Azamara Cruises – Deals we have – click here
These are hugely popular and sought after ships. Eight were made, they are all very similar and all hold 684 guests. Known as Renaissance Class ships, because they were made for Renaissance Cruises. However they are actually R-Class ships, and they were called one to eight. For example R 3 is the Pacific Princess as we know her now. Renaissance was a company in Oslo, competing with Fred Olsen. Founded in 1989 it was family owned by Fearnley & Eger Rederi. These ships are all 181 meters long, have a GT of 30,277GT and travel at 18 knots.
- R One – Oceania Insignia (1998)
- R Two – Oceania Regatta (1998)
- R Three – Pacific Princess (1999)
- R Four – Oceania Sirena (1999)
- R Five – Oceania Nautica (2000)
- R Six – Azamara Journey (2000)
- R Seven – Azamara Quest (2000)
- R Eight – Azamara Pursuit (2001)